*breaks into "Days Go By" by Keith Urban* I can feel them flying like my hand out the window in the wind as the cars go by... Uh, pardon my singing. *clears throat*
Happy Leap Day, everyone!! :D I'm spending my 'extra' day this year at the eye doctor. *gags* No, really. It's not that bad, and afterwards Mom and I are going shopping. xD
Anyhow. Seeing as how this is the last day of the month (I typed 'year' the first time. Like, whhhyyy??), I'm doing a 'February review' post...of sorts. ;) Hey, at least I got a better post title than last month, right?
What's been happening :)
- I wrote my first ever Flash Fiction, and I was actually quite satisfied with the results. I can improve, sure. But it's not terrible.
- I won my first writing contest!! Yay!! xD (More on that here.)
- I got The Emotion Thesaurus by Angela Ackerman & Becca Puglisi (prize from aforementioned contest) and it's AWESOME!!!
- I discovered an awesome site, known as Thriftbooks. It's seriously THE BEST! xD
- I listened to lots of great music like Just be Held by Casting Crowns, Walk on the Water by Britt Nicole, Your Love by Brandon Heath, More Like Falling in Love by Jason Grey, Exhale by Plumb, and 3:42 AM (Writers Block) by MercyMe (this song perfectly describes my life right now, by the way.)
- I took lots of random pictures of ordinary/awesome things.
Binder with all my stories inside. :)
- loving a certain pen, and going to Walmart to buy more because your favorite color of the set you have dried up. *shakes head* It's a tragedy, I tell ya. xP
These are seriously the best pens ever B-)
- I raided the non-fiction section of my library. They probably cringe when they see me coming. ;)
We call this research, folks B-)
- I raved over a movie soundtrack with a friend. ;)
- a discussed books and life with another sweet friend :)
- I made a cup in pottery and added 'write' to the side of it. :D I'm using it for a pencil cup, though whether that helps with my writing/school work or just distracts me, I'll never know.
- realizing I have color-coded notes on morphine administration. (It's research, people. It's research.)
- I participated in the February challenge on Go Teen Writers and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. :)
- I found another writing quote that I LOVE, thanks to Raechel.
- feeling super blessed to have you all as 'blog friends' and realizing just how much y'all mean to me. *hugs* <3
- I woke up one morning to a 'broken' toe. (This actually happened in January, but it's still red and enlarged so it counts. *nods*)
- A hilarious supper last Saturday night. My brother and I were already in giggly moods, and it only increased. Parts of our conversation went something like this...
Me: Tucker, your head looks like it's sloped forward.
Tucker: Well, your head dips down in the middle.
Me: Yeah, I know.
Mom & Dad: (continue eating supper, trying to ignore they're extremely strange children)
Then later when he's getting some ice cream...
Tucker: (opens ice cream carton) There ain't no rocks in this road! (scoops ice cream) Hey, it looks like Sis's head.
*eyeroll* Just for the record, the ice cream did not look like my head. ;)
- And lastly, a list of books I read/finished this month. (You knew it was coming.)
A Soldier's Promise by Laura Scott
The Last Ride by Susan K. Marlow
Waltz in the Waves by Sarah Holman
He Did This Just for You by Max Lucado
At the Christmas Lodge by Rebekah A. Morris
Christmas at Rose Hill Farm by Suzanne Woods Fisher
Redeemed by Faith Blum
The Asylum by Heather Fitzgerald
Maelyn by Anita Valle
G.I. Joe & Lillie by Joseph S. Bonsall
Anchored by Kayla Aimee
I Survived: The Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 by Lauren Tarshis
If you just need a few laughs, leap (get it?) over and check out Katie's list of 100 ways to celebrate Leap Day. xD
Also, I added a "Stories" page to this blog. Check it out and let me know what ya think! :D
Thanks for reading everyone! :) Happy Leap Day!! *leaps away*