Heidi is having Cinderella Week!! After seeing this tag, I couldn't help but hop right in. ;) Be sure to check out Along the Brandywine for all the fun!! Here goes! :D
1. In the vast array of fairytale heroines, what particular character qualities most define Cinderella?
Kindess, gentleness, sweetness, sensitivity, humility, and compassion. I might also add good work ethic and maybe a bit of naive-ness.
2. What are some of the deeper, big picture differences you see between retellings where both stepsisters are nasty and others where one is nasty and one is kind? How do you think the two takes differently develop/illuminate/affect Cinderella’s character and also the overarching story itself?
I think stories where both stepsisters are cruel and awful to her, Cinderella has more to work through, more to want to escape from. Opposed to where one sister is nice and she's a friend to Cinderella, it's seems 'better' even though the other is still nasty. But there isn't as much inner struggle in the story, I don't think. ;)
3. Are you an animal lover? Would you eagerly count mice, lizards, cows, and geese as friends? Dogs and cats?
YES!!! Um, not mice or geese. But yes to lizards, cows and cats...and of course dogs. Duh! xD
4. After asking question #3, I realized how remarkably many of the adaptations I’ve seen have Cinderella either horseback riding or involved with horses. Have you ever ridden? If so, have you ever ridden sidesaddle or bareback?
I have riden twice in my entire life. Once when I was little and Dad was with me, and a few years ago all the girls from youth group got to go! It was so much fun!
I've never ridden sidesaddle or bareback, but both sound like fun. :)
5. Your favorite Cinderella dress/s?
The one from the animated version... B-) (because that's all I'm slightly familiar with!)
6. Do you ever think of Cinderella while doing your household chores? :)
Um, can't says I do. ;) But I was thinking of these questions while at the grocery store yesterday. Does that count?
7. What major character traits do you think are essential in a faithful prince?
Protectiveness, genuineness, truly loving Cinderella for who she is inside, and being a gentleman. :)
8. Your top THREE favorite fairy tales (as in the original folk tales, not adaptations).
Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and the Snow Queen (because I had to read it for school and it's one of the only fairytales I'm familiar with...hehe.)
9. Your top FIVE current favorite fairy tale/legend type films (BESIDES any Cinderella adaptations).
Uh, oh. Um, can I say none? I'm kidding ;) I'm not sure that I'm familiar with any...not that are films. There are several fairytale-retelling books that I enjoy. :) But I can't think of any movies...
10. If you could play Cinderella and the story could be set in any region of the world and any time period, what would you pick? And what would your dream ‘ball gown’ for it be like?
*rubs hands with glee* This will be fun!! *thinks it over* Oh, goodness. There are SO many things I could say!! How about a Victorian era setting? And a dress.... *searches*
11. And (purely for fun :))… what color/s do you immediately associate with Cinderella?
Blue. That pretty, light, almost-silvery blue :)
Thanks for hosting this, Heidi! And thanks for reading this, all!! :D Have a glorious day!