Sunday, January 29, 2017

8:07 // a firefly poem



8:07 
by Firefly 


the sunlight 
it filters through the window
it dances across the bed 
it shines into my space
leaving a golden path across my hands. 
my hands are clicking
moving
writing 
typing 
and the golden light stays there upon their backs. 
now it's 8:09
and this moment is gone. 
but again 
tomorrow
as I sit here to write
the sun will rise
and this moment will happen again. 
at 8:07... 


Yeah, I know. Faith writing poetry – not the norm. But I've been strangely inspired to write some free verse lately... *shrugs* 

16 comments:

  1. Its beautiful!
    And yes free verse is so fun. Ever since i started reading more poetry blogs, I've been trying my hand at it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! :)
      It really is! Since I started reading Julia's blog, I've been inspired to write more free verse. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Great job, Faith!! I enjoy reading your poems! :) The picture you used is lovely too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebekah! :D I'm so glad. Hehe, yeah, the picture was taken at the same time that I got the inspiration for and wrote the poem. ;)

      Delete
  3. This is lovely indeed, Faith! Writing poetry can feel so accomplished! Beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Raechel! :D Yes, it mostly certainly can!

      Delete
  4. "now it's 8:09
    and this moment is gone.
    but again
    tomorrow
    as I sit here to write
    the sun will rise
    and this moment will happen again."

    :DD Beautiful, beautiful. I got excited when I saw this title pop into my inbox! You're a fantastic writer; it's about time you tried your hand at some poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww , thank you so much, Eve! :D Hehe, I suppose it is. I've tried some haiku in the past, but free verse is working much better for me. ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh my word, this is sooo beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete