Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Bibliophile Sweater Tag.


Happy Saturday, friends! It's that beautiful day where you're supposed to chillax, read books, write stories, and not do school. (Unless you're like me and you have homework fromThanksgiving break that's *cough* due *cough* in two days. *cough*) 

ANYWAY!  Ivie @ Ivie Writes tagged me for this tag awhile back and I'm finally getting around to it. ;) *thanks Ivie with 497 cookies* 

RULES:
> Give the person who tagged you a never-ending supply of cookies (or just thank them. Either works.)
> Answer all the questions and use the blog graphic somewhere in the post. 
> Pass along the tag to at least five other people.
> Wear a sweater. (This is optional, but why wouldn't you want to?)

Kk, I'm not wearing a sweater, but...oh well. 


Fuzzy Sweater (A book that is the epitome of comfort.)
I could give the obvious answer here and say my Bible, but I'll be creative and think of another one too. The Millie Keith series are absolutely amazing books that are definitely 'comforting' after a rough day. ^_^




Striped Sweater (Book you devoured every line of.)
To Get to You by Joanne Bischof , HANDS DOWN. I read this 290-something page book in a day (which is not common for me) and I. Just. Loved. It. So. Much. Definitely a book I devoured. xD 



Ugly Christmas Sweater (Book with a weird cover.)
So....I scoured my shelf for something to fit this and can't really find anything?? I mean, there are few books that I own that I have covers I dislike. And most of those are just personal preference. But we'll go with Whispers of a New Dawn by Murray Pura. The person on the top has like random fingernails that are partially blurred but still on their person and the dude on the left looks deranged. 



Cashmere Sweater (The most expensive book you bought.)
Um...I can't really think of anything specific. I buy most of my books used or on sale, so...I don't really know. =/ 


Hoodie (Favorite classic book.)
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. It's precious. ^_^



Cardigan (Book you bought on impulse.)
I bought Something in the Sky by Siri L. Mitchell on impulse at 2nd&Charles. It sounds good and teh cover is cool, soooo... *nods* I obviously have good money management skills. 



Turtleneck Sweater (Book from your childhood.)
Legit the entire Mandie series by Lois Gladys Leppard. They so good too. <33 



Homemade Knitted Sweater (Book that is Indie published.)
I have oodles of indie-published books on my shelves, and I've read even more. So we'll just go with one that is a fav of mine and THAT COVER. <33 (Psst, book-2 releases next week. *grins*) 



V-Neck Sweater (A book that did not meet your expectations.)
Uhhh...this took some thinking too. I finally chose Journey to Love by Amanda Tero. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this book. It was a cute and sweet story. It just...wasn't a favorite? 



Argyle Sweater (Book with a unique format.)
True to You by Becky Wade has a unique design. At the end of each chapter, there are emails and text messages between the characters, journey entries, and Facebook posts. I found it to be a super cool addition to the story. Not just an addition though, because if you skipped those you'd quickly become confused as to what was going on. ;) 



Polka-Dot Sweater (A book with well rounded characters.)
Bahahaha, polka-dot? Well-rounded? I just got that. xD I'm gonna take the 'easy way out' here and give y'all a Sarah Sundin book. Honestly, I haven't read a book by her yet that didn't have absolutely amazing characters. With Every Letter is certainly not an exception. :D 



Anndd....I'm gonna cheat and not tag anyone. How's this – if you like books and you like sweaters, consider yourself hereby tagged. xD 



~*~ 

On another note, Lulu is currently have an extended Black Friday sale of 30% off all print products. That means you could purchase Dandelion Dust for $6.99 + shipping! Click here to get started. Sale ends tomorrow, November 26th. 


~Faith 

19 comments:

  1. Awesome answers. I love this tag so much. :D
    Ooh, a sale? Too bad my budget is $0. I need to save up. XD
    I have a list of books I want to buy when I get the money. (I will definitely buy yours in paperback because that cover *swoons* and the story...*heart eyes*)

    <3

    ~Ivie
    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! :D
      Haha, relatable. I splurged on a stack of CDs the other day and now I'm like "Seriously, Faith, you've got to get better at this." xD
      Aww, you're so sweet! <3 Hehe, I'm rather in love with the cover.

      Delete
    2. Also – Lulu almost always has some sort of promotional discount, so if/when you go to buy, check for that or let me know and I can look it up for ya. :D

      Delete
    3. Okay, thank you! I have Lulu bookmarked since I'm thinking of using them to publish. I will keep my eye out when my budget is better. XD XD

      Delete
    4. Haha, okiedoke. xD And yeah – I've really enjoyed my minimal experience with Lulu. :D

      Delete
  2. Fun tag! I enjoyed reading your answers, Faith!! Hmmm…I just might have to consider myself tagged and do this one because I love books. I don’t really wear many sweaters though. ;)
    Millie! Those are definitely some comforting and encouraging books! :)
    I am so excited to read “To Get to You” and more of the Mandie books.
    “True to You” sounds like a fun book.
    Oh, I might have to head on over and get a couple copies of “Dandelion Dust”. They would make some good Christmas presents. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D Oh, you totally should!! Hehe, I don't wear many sweaters either, unless sweatshirts/hoodies count. ;)
      They are! <3
      EEPS, I'm excited for you to read them – especially TGTY!! :D
      It was fun. I want to get book-2 next year. :D
      Aww, you're so sweet! <3

      Delete
    2. I think I will!! :D Hehe, I don't know if technically sweaters fall into the sweatshirts/hoodie category, but we can just say they do. ;) ;)
      I've been tempted to read "To Get to You" a couple times since I got it, but I'm trying to wait until after I read all of these fun Christmas books. :)
      Oh fun!! Do you think I would like the book?

      Delete
    3. Yay! :D Haha, we can make our own rules. xD
      "To Get to You" is sooo good (and I super hope you enjoy it <33), but yeah. Read the Christmas books first. ;)
      Hmm...yes, I think you would. ;) Some of it was 'meh' and made me go "seriously?!" But yeah, I liked it overall. :D I can tell you more about the 'meh' part if you're ever interested. ;)

      Delete
    4. Hehe, yes we can! :D
      (I'm sure I will! It sounds so good!)
      Okay! I'll have to add it to my list and see sometime if the library has it. Sure, I think I'll take you up on that offer! ;)

      Delete
    5. :D
      Yay!! I can hardly wait to hear what you think of it. :)
      Okiedoke!! :D

      Delete
  3. This tag is so much fun! I might actually steal it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun tag, I enjoyed reading it. Interesting books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not like sweaters (as a rule). I am very warm-blooded. But I do like tags. So here goes. :P

    Fuzzy sweater (a book that is the epitome of comfort): Hmm. . . any of my childhood loves. “Anne of Green Gables Series” (L.M. Montgomery), “Little Women” (Louisa May Alcott), “Grandma's Attic Series” (Arleta Richardson), “Heidi” (Johanna Spyri), “Little House Series” (Laura Ingalls Wilder) . . . yeah.

    Striped sweater (book which you devoured every line of):
    Jesseca Wheaton's “A Question of Honor.” I lovvvve that booook!!! <3 <3 <3

    Ugly Christmas sweater (book with a weird cover):
    Maybe “When Poetry Takes Flight”, a compilation of poems by young people in Canada, published by Young Writers of Canada? I mean, like, a stork does not equal poetry. And that cover is not at all dreamy like the title suggests.

    Cashmere sweater (most expensive book you've bought):
    I have no idea??? I don't really buy books. Maybe “Stowaway” by Karen Hesse? Or the complete “Meet Kirsten” series by Janet Shaw??

    Hoodie (favorite classic book):
    Ahhhh. . . so. many. choices. I'll say “Black Beauty.” How I love it. <3

    Cardigan (book that you bought on impulse): I do not buy books on impulse lol. . . so all I can think of is the Kirsten treasury mentioned above, which I grabbed at Value Village because a friend had many other American Girl books . . .

    Turtleneck sweater (book from your childhood):
    So many choices again!!! I'll say “Pollyanna” by Eleanor H. Porter. I love it so much.

    Homemade knitted sweater (book that is Indie-published):
    Ohhh, how can I choose??? One of my favourites is “Home Fires of the Great War” by Rebekah A. Morris. And “Journey to Love” by Amanda Tero. And one which is both beautiful inside and out is “Jonas & Olivia” by Victoria Minks. And . . . I'll stop here. xP

    V-neck sweater (book that did not meet your expectations):
    Uh. . . “A Question of Courage” by Jesseca Wheaton. It just wasn't as thrilling as book #1. ;) I will probably like it better when I reread it, now that I know what it is. :)

    Argyle sweater (book with a unique format):
    Hm! “A Really-Truly Princess” by Amanda Kastner. The print is so gorgeous inside!!!! And it's so cool how she did black-and-white illustrations for Rosellen's life, and silhouettes for the tales Rosellen reads.

    Polka dot sweater (a book with well-rounded characters):
    Uh. . . The “What Katy Did” series by Susan Coolidge. Few people can make characters grow up properly and be different but still themselves. (And I love Ned. <3)

    ~Katja L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun answers, Katja! :D

      I've read (and loved) Anne of Green Gables, all the Little House books (multiple times!), the Kirsten series, Jonas & Olivia, and both A Question of Honor and A Question of Courage. I have to say though, I loved AQoC even more than the first book. ;)

      I'm currently (albeit slowly) reading Little Women. It's so lovely! <3

      I'm not familiar with any of the other books you mentioned, except Heidi, Pollyanna, and Home Fires. They're all on my TBR, and I hope to read Heidi sometime soon for Rebekah Morris' challenge. :D

      Delete