Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Camp NaNo // Week Three {July 2018}

Well, whatdaya know? I survived another week. And I'm still desperately behind. And I still don't care. It's fabulous, y'all. xD


day sixteen // Monday // 828 

On Monday, I went to town to run errands, had a visit from an out-of-town family friend, and finished up a cat-sitting job from the previous week. Oh, and I posted a poll on Instagram to found out how many people sucker their tomato plants (do you??) and the sucker-snappers lost.

Garden bounty

day seventeen // Tuesday // 137

Walmart trip, nursing home visit, went by the DMV office to renew my drivers license and ended up registering to vote, then hung out by the pool and read an entire book...definitely a good day. ;)

Oh, and I assembled a desk chair that ended up not working at my desk... *taps chin*

“Prospective?” I sputter. “I’m the only aunt!”  
“Well, I guess Brock’s sister-in-law is technically the baby’s aunt too.”  
I roll my eyes. “She’s only related by marriage. Besides, she lives in like Antarctica.”  
“Canada, Char. They live in British Columbia. Something to do with Brock’s brother’s job.”  
“Whatever.” 


day eighteen // Wednesday // 1,179 + 1,908

Wednesday was my sweet mom's birthday! <3 We didn't do much that day, but I did get quite a bit of writing and editing done. :D

"People say that you can’t fall in love that young, that you don’t know what you’re talking about, that it’ll never last. But they aren’t always right, Gracie. Sometimes, if it’s His will and if they’re being faithful, God lets two people fall in love young, so they have their whole lives stretched out ahead of them, instead of spending those years finding Him and each other. Not always, mind you, but sometimes." 


day nineteen // Thursday // 700 + 138

I got a new bookshelf on Thursday! This cubic shelf used to be in our living room, in several different arrangements, and behind the couch most recently. Mom mentioned that she wanted to move it out since she won't need nearly as much space for textbooks this fall and asked if I wanted it. Um, yes please! xD


Since taking this picture, I've gotten a lamp for the top and added some more books to the empty cubes. It looks so nice!


day twenty // Friday // 0

I went shopping with my mom on Friday in celebration of her just-passed birthday and my upcoming birthday. We drank Starbucks, ate Chick-Fil-A, found some clothing bargains, each bought new Chacos, and I snagged a book and a season of an enjoyed TV show from Barnes & Noble. <3



day twenty-one // Saturday // 2,257

Saturday was a nice relaxing day, which I spent mostly reading. I also made cookies for a meal at our church on Sunday, tried a salted cold foam cold brew (RECOMMENDED, Y'ALL), wrote lots of fabulous words, watched Signed, Sealed, Delivered, and danced around the house singing country music at the top of my lungs. (Don't you wish you lived on our road??)

stars on my shirt, stars in my eyes 

day twenty-two // Sunday // 715

Sunday was homecoming at our church, so after the special service and following meal, we came home and had a restful afternoon/evening. I reorganized my books by color...and hated it so much that I immediately pulled them all back off and re-did it by author. Apparently I'm slightly OCD when it comes to books.



Camp goal: 75,000 words 
Current word count: 18,715
Status: One week left and I'm not even halfway there... O.o

How is Camp going for y'all?? :D I know I keep saying this, but I really am going to get back active in blogging...maybe next week. Or next month. Ya know. *wink* 

~Faith 

20 comments:

  1. I love pink and blue sunsets!
    I’m glad camp is going well for you, Faith. :D I really enjoyed the snippets! They’re great! <3
    New bookshelves are always super fun to get. ;)
    Organizing books by color seems like a lot of fun to try, but I don’t think it would last long for me either. I don’t know if I want to take the time to do it just to put it back the “right” way. ;) But I may have to try for just the fun of it… ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! <3
      Thanks, girl! :) Eeps, so do I!! And getting to arrange books and knickknacks and such on them... ^_^
      Yeah...I guess if you don't mind the series being all mixed up, it could be really pretty, but it didn't work for me. And like books with spines that are more than one color?? What am I supposed to do with that?! Haha. xD

      Delete
    2. Haha, I don't know! Maybe if the book has more than one color put it with whichever it has more of? ;) I'm not sure! ;D I think I'm going to give it a try and organize my books by color though sometime... ;)
      By the way, you mentioned watching Signed, Sealed, Delivered. Did you get to watch the new ones?

      Delete
    3. I guess so...it just looks kind of mixed up. ;) You should! I'd love to see pictures. :D
      EEPSS YES!! I totally should've mentioned that to you. xD Yes, I saw Road Less Traveled and To the Altar over the weekend!!! <3

      Delete
    4. I think I'm going to and I'll definitely take pictures!
      EEPS! I can't wait to hear your thoughts!!! ;D

      Delete
  2. Looks like an amazing week at Camp and Life! XD I recently reorganized my book by color too but it really... it just really didn't work. :/ I guess I don't have enough shiny books. YET! # bookshelf goals.

    I'm trying to get back into the groove of blogging too. Back to commenting and interacting, because what's not fun about that? :D

    My Camp NaNo picking up speed again too. But WOW YOUR GOAL THOUGH!! I respect your courage. *nods sagely* May the odds ever be in your favor.

    Danielle | silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, though... If all my books had colorful, perfectly aesthetic spines, it might make it easier and not so cringe-worthy. xD

      Me too!! It feels like forever since I've been very active in the blogosphere. ;)

      Awesome job, girlie!! Aww, thanks. We'll see if I can make it!! :P Thanks for commenting, Danielle! :D

      Delete
  3. Liked reading your update!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh busyyyy! Your new bookshelf is so cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your update, Faith! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these posts!

    I am currently a little under 50 pages to go on my editing camp nano project. Boy, I hope I can meet my goal, cause failure don't set too well with me;)

    Loving those snippets;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! :D

      Ooooh, you can do it!! *high five* I'm still pretty behind, but making better progress. ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh, goodness, I'm cackling that I was probably a factor in why you tried color organizing your books. Hahahah! So sorry, Faith! At least you've tried it and learned that it's not for you, right? ;)
    Hugs!
    ~Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, you were!! It was fun to mess around with, but...definitely not my thing. I need order, at least when it comes to my books. xD

      Blessings, Lindsey! <3

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry this comment is rather late, but I enjoyed reading it! And I love those cubic shelves! I have one in my room that I use for my clothing instead of a dresser; works so much better for me. ^.^
    And amen to being OCD when it comes to decorating bookshelves - me too! I could not seperate authors or series. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Raechel! :) That sounds lovely!!
      Hehe, good to hear. ;) It just drives me nuts!!

      Delete