Thursday, September 12, 2019

13 Reasons Why || Thirteen Reasons You Should Read Beloved



Day Eleven...

Honestly, I'm still trying to process that we've made it this far, y'all. God is good. The tour is going strong, and the Cover Me Veterans fundraiser/Freedom preorder with a new goal of $200 was at $138.95 last count. <33

Today's post is a little special. Just in case these stories haven't been hyped enough, allow us to lead you through thirteen reasons you should read Freedom/Beloved... Freedom's list is on Kate's blog. ;)


Kaitlyn Krispense, Author



|| Thirteen Reasons Why You Should Read Beloved


1. Cara. The intricately fascinating main character is reason enough in herself. But also, did you know that her name means beloved?

2. Suicide - dealing with it. As you probably already knew, the main character of Beloved deals with thoughts of suicide and makes a few attempts. I'm so blessed to see more and more books dealing with this topic.

3. Suicide - losing someone to it. Similar to Freedom, the main character of Beloved lost someone they were close to to suicide. I love that, in this way, the book shows both sides of suicide.

4. Peter. Can he just be a reason on his own? Please? This dude, though... #allmine




5. Brothers. All the brothers are so amazing and adorable. Dorky and quirky. Broken and precious. And highly entertaining.

6. Foster family dynamics. While I've read many books that contained foster parents, foster families, and various types of temporary custody/adoption/etc. situations, they usually feel...awkward. But this...THIS. <3  Best foster family setting I've saw in fiction.

7. Legit all the heartbreaking backstories. This story brings light to many other hard topics besides suicide, including abuse and abandonment.

8. The California setting is just really cool. I appreciate a story that has a beachy vibe, without feeling touristy.




9. Martha. If you haven't read the book, you don't know who Martha is and I can't really tell you without spoiling things... But seriously, read the book for Martha, if for no other reason. It'll be worth it, promise.

10. THE S.N.A.R.K. Spot on, y'all. Spot on. I love sarcasm and snarky-ness in books, and Miss Krispense nailed it.

11. Is the epic cover and lovely formatting a silly reason? Because, seriously. I'd read a book because of that...

12. The ending...isn’t the original ending. (Thank heavens. *zips lips because I can't say why*)




13. The love of Christ shines through so, so beautifully. Read this book if you need to feel special and loved and adored. <3


|| R2L

Today's reason to live is: Christ's sacrifice. Think about it for a minute. He gave His life—His all—for you. He literally bleed and died to give you life. It's not your place to take it out of His hands, dear one.


|| Today on the Tour


Thursday, September 12th

Esther @ We’ve Got Pockets — Interview 2x




Only two more days to submit to the Q&A or enter the giveaway!


so what are you waiting for?! 

Beloved is available in paperback, Amazon Kindle, and signed copies. <3

15 comments:

  1. Oh, Martha... Yes... Yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are great reason to read Beloved! I agree with most of them…not so much #4 though, I like Erich best. ;) Hehe. ;D
    My R2L is my parents. They are the best and I seriously don’t know what I’d do without them. They’re always there for me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I think we can agree that all the guys are pretty lit. :P
      Aww yes <3

      Delete
  3. I want to read this book so badly!! *is regretting my decision to not sign up for an arc review* That R2L though ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your R2L, amazing! <3 <3 Great reasons for reading Beloved! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to all of these!! But hey, you can keep Peter if I can have Kade... XP

    ReplyDelete