Saturday, February 13, 2021

When Calls the Heart '21 || Guest Post: Pros & Cons of Lucas & Nathan



Yo fam! 

Today we have a guest post from my When Calls the Heart buddy... talking about the elephant in the room, the lingering love triangle. 


!! Disclaimer: The following article contains opinions that are not necessarily approved or endorsed by this blog. Stories by Firefly cannot and does not recommend joining #TeamLucas but leaves the final decision in the capable mind of the reader. Proceed with caution. !!


You can click over to Rebekah's blog here to read my pros and cons for each guy. ;) 


|| Guest post w/ RebekahAshleigh


If you’re keeping up with When Calls the Heart you know that there is a love triangle going on. Who will Elizabeth fall in love with? Lucas the saloon owner or Nathan the Mountie??

I’m Team Lucas all the way! Before I ever “met” either guy I was not wanting Lucas actually. I mean he’s a saloon owner and I thought Nathan was better looking. I don’t think that anymore! You can’t tell that kind of thing from a picture, you have to see them in action to decide for yourself. ;)

Okay, here are my pros and cons for each guy!



Nathan Grant 

-pros-

1. He is caring. 

2. He is good with little Jack. (I mean there hasn’t been that many interactions, but one specifically stands out.) He also really cares for his niece.

3. He does a good job of protecting the people of Hope Valley.


-cons-

1. Nathan is slightly boring. He likes Elizabeth but won’t make any moves, but he gets mad when Lucas asks her out? Like, don’t be mad Nathan, if you want Elizabeth you have to try.

2 .Nathan has a very obnoxious niece named Allie. I am sorry, I really like the story of Nathan raising his niece I just can’t stand Allie... (I can only hope she gets better in this new season)

3. I just don’t think he’s good for Elizabeth. I mean Nathan is caring but yeah, I don’t think Elizabeth should go for another Mountie…



Lucas Bouchard 

-pros-

1.Lucas is very romantic. (and good looking. ;))

2. He is supportive of Elizabeth’s writing.

3. He is helping bring progress to Hope Valley. 


-cons-

1. Lucas does have a bit of a past, and it did catch up with him and put Elizabeth in danger. But it all worked out. Just because someone doesn’t have a great past doesn’t mean they are a bad person.

2. Some people think he’s trying to buy Elizabeth’s love. He’s not he is just like me and has the gift of giving. Anyways, Jack was also really romantic and I like that Lucas is too.

3. At one point he was a bit too supportive of Elizabeth’s writing and did something he should’ve had Elizabeth’s permission for, but it all worked out and she forgave him.



*

giveaway details are here + leave your comments today to get extra entries! 


okay, so... are you #TeamLucas or #TeamNathan? 

24 comments:

  1. Boring, you say? I see Nathan as being sweet, quiet, and caring. He isn't moving fast with Elizabeth because he knows she's still grieving and doesn't want to push her into anything before she's ready!
    You didn't like Allie?? Personally, I think she's hilarious and spunky and fun. :P I love seeing her and Nathan's relationship.

    *ahem* okay, I'll be good now... #TeamNathan! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm...yes? Well, Nathan is a quiet guy and he is caring but I just don't see him as having much of a personality.
      No, I'm sorry! I really like the idea of Allie and her and Nathan's relationship, I just can't stand her.

      Hehe! I hardly consider your parting words "#TeamNathan" as you being good. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness, I am behind in watching this show. This was a fun post. Oh my, choosing between the two should be interesting. quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, choosing between these two would be difficult. Lucas is growing so much.
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hopefully you'll get the chance to catch up soon. :)
      So glad you enjoyed it!
      Yes, it will be very interesting to see how this love triangle goes. ;)

      Delete
  4. Well . . . despite all of this, I'm gonna have to go for #TeamNathan (I'm completely basing this off of y'all's posts, since I never made it past Season 2 of WCTH (don't hate me XD).
    But . . . yeah, #TeamNathan. I'm seeing a genuinely sweet guy against a city-slicker type who gives me bad vibes. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm....well okay... *wink*
      Nathan is pretty sweet, but so is Lucas. I mean Lucas is more of a city guy, but really he is genuinely very nice and caring. I feel like most of the people in Hope Valley don't give him much of a chance since he's a bit different then the other towns people.

      Delete
  5. Oh idk, I kinda think Allie is a pretty cool! :) I like spunky characters, they add to shows like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In general, I do like spunky characters, but Allie just rubs me the wrong way. :)

      Delete
  6. Without ever watching any of the series, I'm rooting for Nathan. ;) He looks a lot more handsome than the other guy. And just look at the way he is looking at her! <3 That is a love-in-his-eyes kind of look. Trust me! I know! ;) The slick looking Lucas looks like he is far more interested in money. Also, Saloon owner? I don't know. That sounds like asking for trouble. Of course, my opinions definitely matter considering I've never watched it. XD But if I remember right, Janette Oke (the author of the book series) was a big fan of mounties, so I have a feeling the author is rooting for the mountie, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot friends that are voting for Nathan But as the characters of Lucas and Nathan have developed over the past two seasons I believe Lucas’ feelings are sincere and genuine towards Elizabeth and has her best interests at heart.

      Delete
    2. I have a lot of friends that are voting for Nathan. But as the characters of Lucas and Nathan have developed over the past two seasons I believe Lucas’ feelings are sincere and genuine towards Elizabeth and he has her best interests at heart.

      Delete
  7. Team Nathan all the way! I like men in red serge😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plus, he's so good with little Jack! And that's what I think Jack Sr. would want. Is a man who truly cares for Elizabeth AND Little Jack. Lucas doesn't seen like he truly cares for Little Jack. At least that's my opinion. I respect your decision in liking Lucas and I do agree Lucas is good looking. But I'm still rooting for Nathan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be great to have little Jack featured more, especially with Lucas and Nathan! :D

      Delete