Tuesday, July 27, 2021

It's Been a Hot Minute...

 Hey, people :) 

Yeah, it's me. Your former favorite blogger friend. I haven't been here since February, although it feels like so much longer. I've thought about it often, though. I've missed being here. 

(I've written a few things during that time, but didn't have the guts to post them. They're very personal, heavy, straight from the heart. I'll probably share eventually.) 

So hey, I'm here now to give a run down + photo dump of what's been going on since I disappeared. Buckle up. ;)


• • • February 

At this point, school was still insane. My winter semester was super heavy. Bought bell bottoms. Did school in the car parked at the library a lot because internet at home terrible and the library was still closed because #covid soooo. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. 








• • • March 

Work started back up. A class on food prep/safety/service. Long walks in the cow pasture. Lots of painful memories showing up in my photos <3  A last minute trip to Kansas to see my people. 








• • • April 

Spring's arrival. Long, peaceful evenings sitting in the yard eating pasta and studying psychology. Campus sunsets. Work and housesitting and study study studying. Quick trip to Florida for my friend's wedding + getting to be a bridesmaid <33








• • • May 

Finishing the spring semester and diving into the summer semester less than two weeks later (someone save me). Attending yet another wedding (ahaha). Binging a new crime show. The NC gas shortage making life a little extra-stressy for a few days there. Buying new swimsuits because SUMER IS A CUMIN. Got jury duty summons and freakin loved it. More housesitting, more work, more school. 





• • • June 

Lots of work and studying and long days. Late nights at work with epic coworkers. Day at the lake with my mama (spoiler: I got TOASTED). Epic weekend at the beach with my people. <3 More work. More always being tired. More studying. Rewatched Outer Banks because #JJ. ;P 







• • • July 

Working the weekend of the 4th and trying not to die. FIREWORKS. Buying cute clothes that I'll likely never/rarely wear. Housesitting for over 2 weeks. Rainbows and sunsets and curly hair and lots of coffee. Oh, and finishing the summer semester without dying, yayyy me. I turn 21 next week, what the heck. 







So yeah. There's that. Some days it feels like everything is happening at once and somedays it feels like nothing is moving at all. But it's good and messy and beautiful. More and more I find myself desperately trying to hold onto the tiny, special moments before they're gone, and far too often I fail to miserably. But it's okay. Life goes on. We get more chances, and we still have the memories. 

I feel like I should end this totally disorganized, chaotic ramble by promising that I'm going to get back on track or saying I'll be around more, but I honestly can't. I can't say that because I have no idea if I'll be able to stick to it. Less than a year from now I'll graduate college and I have no idea what life will look like (specifically) after that. 

So am I back? Not really. Am I still writing? Not really, although I dearly want to. Will I share more stories one day? Absolutely. But when? No idea. 

I'm genuinely trying to be okay with all these questions and uncertainties and "I don't know yets". Because I know they won't last forever, and I don't wanna miss a single second of here and now by wishing for tomorrow and the next day. 


Until next time, I hope you all are doing well (assuming anyone actually still reads this blog). Drop a comment or shoot me a message, and let me know how things are going in your life these days. I'd love to hear. <3 



Teach me Thy way, O Lord; I will walk in Thy truth: unite my heart to fear Thy name. // psalm 86:11

27 comments:

  1. FAITH!!
    It's so lovely to hear from you again!!
    1. I still read the old blogs... when I have time. ;)
    2. I'm feeling a LOT of nostalgia right now.. all the bloggers I used to follow years ago are in college and struggling to blog consistently. Whenever one posts, I get hit with all the posting/commenting memories :D
    3. I love this post; the photos especially. Thank you for sharing! Whether you post writing stuff or not in the future, I'm sticking around!
    4. Love ya!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle! <3
      I feel!! In college, married, a few I used to follow even have kids now. It's definitely a new season of life!
      Love ya, dear, good to hear from you! <33

      Delete
    2. Wow that’s crazy gals! 😦 guess I’ll get there someday 😂 already sounds crazy.

      Delete
  2. I missed your posts & loved this update! Ahhhhhh 2021 has been so busy for me too... the school stress was so real this year :(((

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith!!! Hallo!
    Good to hear from you 💙
    Totally get the crazy life thing btw 💙
    Prayers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Faith;
    Nice hearing from you. It has been a very busy few months for you. I have been busy reading,reading and more reading. Keeping up with the lawn has been a job that never ends as the weeds love all the wet weather this summer has been bringing.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Happiness and Blessings throughout your birthday year.
    God Bless
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being busy reading is the best kind of busy :)
      Thank you, dear!

      Delete
  5. Hi Faith;
    Wishing you a year of success in your final College semesters. I have read a 5 part series "The Everstone Chronicles" by Dawn Crandall. Finished "The Princes Of Lions" by Morgan Llywelyn and started "Killing The Mob by Bill O;Reilly and Martin Dugard. Weeding is my job . You never can win the fight. Have a wonderful Birthday.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to hear from you, girl!! And don't worry, enjoy this season! We'll still be here when seasons change 😉💚

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faithhhhh, I always love your life updates!

    It sounds like these past months have been full of both epic adventures and difficult times. I truly relate to feeling swamped with schoolwork and WiFi struggles. It can be a pain sometimes! But hang in there! I didn’t realize how close to graduating you are, that’s awesome! Whatever your future job is, they are lucky to have you. ;)

    I love all the pictures from your trips (and your mirror selfies! Bell bottoms!!)

    Happy early birthday! We’ll be twins again in a couple months! *winks*

    You’re in my thoughts & prayers! <3 Keep taking one day at a time. And know that I’m always here if you need a listener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a heck of a year. ;P Aww thank you, lovely!

      *hugs* I appreciate you, dear!

      Delete
  8. Hey Faith, hah it's good to "hear" from you again. I gotta say, I feel that, since I've been absent from the blogger world for over a year now and even before that it's been longer since I was consistent with it all.

    I actually recently launched a new website instead of still using blogspot, so I'm excited about that since I'm hoping to keep accountable now.

    I hope you're doing great! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I relate, and sometimes it feels like forever since I've been "here."

      Aw yay! I just followed your new site; I look forward to reading from you again :) <3

      Delete
  9. I'M HERE and I've loved reading this update and soaking up these simple but beautiful photos. I can totally relate to wanting to say "I'm back to blogging!" but knowing deep down that you can't make that promise. I'm in the same boat. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah so happy to see a post from you pop up in my inbox! Loved this post, Faith! ❤

    ReplyDelete