Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Camp NaNo // Week Two {July 2018}

Already halfway through the month? I don't even think this is legal. Like, seriously, somebody needs to give summer a speeding ticket. (Wow, Faith, nice try there... xD)



day nine // Monday // 105 + 611 

As I may have mentioned before, Mondays at the Potts house are pretty slow. Last week, I mostly just hung out, did a little editing, and read. And cooked spaghetti and took a walk and received four packages. Mail makes me happy, y'all. ^_^

Hmm...why is Faith buying so many author copies?
An announcement is coming about that...sometime.... ;)


day ten // Tuesday // 0

Ahh, yes, the day I tackled running errands (libraries are officially in the 'errands' category now), catching up on blogging, a dentist, and a funeral home visitation. Oh, and then I let the little bro come along for a cat-sitting visit. Let's just say he keeps things interesting.



day eleven // wednesday // 245

More reading, blogging, and catching up on emails. ;) Mom and Dad were attending a funeral and visiting a lady from our church at the hospital, so I picked the little bro up from work. We got ready, grabbed supper, and went to Walmart. He went in to buy a phone charger, and came back to the car because he was $0.62 short. xD A rollaway buggy nearly plowed the front of my car (yes, I unbuckled, jumped out, and grabbed it in record time. A guy in a nearby car was so amused), but we still made church in plenty of time—laughed a lot and played with glow sticks like preschoolers.

I'd say we did pretty good adulting alone.


day twelve // Thursday // 0 + 3,933 

Totally rocked editing Thursday morning by conquering an entire chapter in, like, 20 minutes. xD Our church served a lunch to a World Changers crew last week (if you know what that is, speak up), so Mom and I helped with that and attended another funeral visitation that afternoon. It was one of those days that calls for a sundress and a smile and staying up until the wee hours of the morning to chat with amazing people. Re-watched I Can Only Imagine, too... 10/10 recommended, y'all.



day thirteen // Friday // 255

Friday was pretty slow as well, and then cat-sitting with the bro that night... Well, we won't even go into how he accused me of losing the people's cat...in their house... *cough*

(The cat was fine, in case anyone was concerned. Fat and sassy as ever. Just hiding from the long-legged noisemaker I'd brought along. Can ya blame him?)


day fourteen // Saturday // 258

Saturday, I attended a lovely wedding...at 10:00 AM. (Is that normal? Because I will totally not be doing it. 10 PM is much more likely for this chick. Mornings aren't my thing.)

“People have different dreams and different goals for their lives, and rightly so. Everyone’s story is different and no two lives are the same. Some people dream of living in faraway places or traveling the world, but I’m not one of them. This church, this community, and that ranch a few miles south of here is my future. I’m sure of it.”  
I contemplate Ryder’s words while he answers a question that came from the far side of the room. He’s sure…he knows exactly what his future will look like. With so many unknowns in my life this year, just the thought of that reassurance makes me long for what he has. 


day fifteen // Sunday // 101

On Sunday, we had church (obviously) and then lunch with friends (funnn). I took a dozen selfies and read something about the meaning of the word 'propitiation'. It means "a sacrifice that bears God's wrath and turns it to favor." Can we just stop and think about that for a second?! <3


Total goal: 75,000 (Yup, I lowered it.)
Current word count: 10,853 words
Status: Still behind. Maybe I'll catch up, maybe I won't. As long as I finish One Summer this month and get A Soldier's Freedom edited in time to send off to betas, I'm not gonna stress over it. It's summertime, y'all. ;) 


I may be around again this week with a bookish or life post, but no promises... I'm behind on both blogs and my Camp goal, and yet I'm lazing by the pool, reading books, and brainstorming a book trilogy? Why, yes. Yes, I am. *wink*

Blessings, dear friends! Thanks for sticking with me! <3 
~Faith

14 comments:

  1. Loved reading your update! Good job!
    -Brooklyne :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, girlie! Just reading about your week made me smile, except the funeral part:( Can't wait for that announcement! Camp Nano is tougher than I thought! But I'm steadily catching up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ryana! Yes, two funerals/visitations in one week... :( You got this!! <3

      Delete
  3. I like reading your updates, Faith! Keep on writing .... but it is okay to take some breaks ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with your writing, Faith! Even though you lowered your goal, I still think you’re doing good, and I think that’s great that you feel like you can lower it and not worry about it. Because like you said, it’s summer. ;)
    Okay, all of those author copies are making me really curious!
    Another lovely sunset picture! We had a beautiful sunset a couple nights ago that I was able to get some pictures of. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, girlie!! <33
      Yay! *wink*
      Aren't sunsets just the best?? I have so many pictures of them... xD

      Delete
  5. I like reading the little snippets from your stories!! They just make me want to read more πŸ€œπŸΌπŸ€›πŸΌ Great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, Janelle!! ^_^ That means a lot <33

      Delete
  6. Nice job on the writing! You're doing really well, and since it's the summer, that's totally okay to lower it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful graphic and beautiful sunset picture, Faith!! And oh my . . . I love all your recaps and your Camp NaNo updates. They're soooo funny xD Love your blog, sweet girl. <3
    ~Katja L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Awww, that means a lot. ^_^ <33

      Delete