Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Life as of Now — 02.25.20

Instead of doing monthly recaps this year, I'm going to try doing this type of post every 6-8 weeks, sharing some random recent life stuff. *throws up a peace sign* we'll see how it goes. 



• Discovered that I've been saying the words chagrin and chasm wrong for my entire life. Like, WHAT. I heard them both on a TV show, a day or two apart, and I was honestly in denial for awhile. My life is in shambles. I've lived a lie for years. Such deception. What even is truth? (slightly kidding...maybe...)

• Bought too many books... Seriously, though, does anyone else use BookOutlet? Because I ADORE that site, y'all. It's my newest Achilles Heel.



• Appreciating this post by the epic Angela Watts. <33  And this post by...another Faith. ;)

• Reading loads of good books. Like, nearly twenty reads docked so far this year? Love it. I haven't read so much so quickly in over a year. It'll probably plummet soon, but for now, I'm on a roll, m'dudes.

• Ventured off to the big city of Atlanta for a work thing. *finger guns*




• Adoring Midway... Honestly, y'all, this movie. It's incredible. When my bestie came to see me last fall, we saw it twice in theaters. And I've watched it again since then. It's so so good. My new favorite film. It makes me want to rewrite War Tears, so that's definitely a good thing. 10/10

lemme just slip this hunk in here... *coughcough*

• Binge-watching Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye. And then rewatching favorites. This show is so underrated, you guys. There's epic camaraderie, cases to solve, cute dudes, and sign language/deaf culture references. Was this show meant for me or what? I LOVE IT. Crash and Sparky are my dudes. <3333




• Drinking coffee. Always. Nothing new there, though.



• To celebrate my being close to hitting 15k in Chasing a Dream (asjehkflpc !!), here's a snippet for you homies.

At this point, I'm not even sure this chick really knows Leah. She's probably an imposter who has my girl gagged in the back room.  
I finish my note to Leah, trying to ignore how aggravating the horrible red pencil is, fold the paper in half, and place the pencil on top of it. "Thank you, ma'am," I call across my shoulder on the way out the door.  
"Anytime."  
As I walk to the truck, I shoot a quick text to Leah. : Your roommate is a fruitcake. 



how's your 2020 going? 

32 comments:

  1. FAITH. GIVE ME THOSE BOOKS.
    This gal right here doesn't get enough books. xD
    (And hey *side note* I really enjoyed this post. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH. *ships you a handful* we all needs booksies :D :D

      Yay! I'm so glad, it was a lot of fun to put together <33

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, great post, Faith. XD Always so fun to read your recaps in any form!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeyyyyyy Faith I love this so much! Snapshots like this are ALWAYS so fun to read. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW I am SO glad that post helped girl.

    AND YAS BUY ALL THE BOOKS *cries* #JEALOUS xD

    I hope you have a great March! (it's almost March RIGHT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it came at the perfect time <33

      *ships you some too*

      RIGHT LIKE HOW THO

      Delete
  5. I love the gangsta persona, Faith! *dies laughing* *resurrects* "your room mate is a fruitcake" *dies again*

    2020 is going okay. My Grandmother was diagnosed with advanced cancer all over and is slowly slipping away. Please be in prayer for us. Otherwise, it's been great! God is still Good and He's still on the throne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahahaaa, I don't know what's happening to me xD xD

      Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that. You'll all be in my prayers. <33

      Delete
  6. ahh go you!! I think I've read 15 books this year?? But I mean, one of my new years resolutions was to read a little less, and more quality books, so I guess i'm succeeding a little. aha
    loved reading this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, loved this post! Keep ‘em coming!
    *heart eyes* All I got to say is: Sue Thomas FBEYE!!!!!! *drops mic*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, I'm so glad!
      I KNOW. I'm gonna go finish my daily word goal now so I can watch. *wink*

      Delete
  8. I love this! I love how much more cashual this is. =) I just put in my first order from Bookoutlet. I got eight books and I am so excited for them to come!! *Rubs hands together* Atlanta is huge. I've been there twice, and it's intemidating.
    Sue Thomas is SUCH a good show!! They are all so much fun. My favroite character is Tara, but they are all so awesome!
    My 2020 has been pretty awesome. Flying by way to fast, but I'm enjoying it. Doing a lot of work, reading when I've got time, and spending a lot of time with my family. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking that too! Didn't take nearly as long to throw together either, LOL. Oooh, congratulations! I saw your pic on Insta. Allll the lovely books. :D
      Atlanta was definitely an experience! I've been through several times, going to FL usually, and I'd been to Atlanta when Dad would make Christmas tree deliveries around that area. But this was my first time downtown, taking sidewalks and crosswalks everywhere, sometimes in the dark. O.O Quite the experience!
      Ahhhh, I love it so much! I was pretty sure another place I'd heard of it was through yours or Sarah's blog. Tara is SO COOL. Like, honestly, the guys would be so lost without her always-a-step-ahead geniusness. ;) I really do love all the characters!
      That sounds so lovely. Blessings to you, friend! <3

      Delete
    2. I might have to try this. My highlights post are taking me half of forever every month. ;D
      Ohh, sounds cool! I've never been when I could just walk around. Both times I was just passing through. =/
      Yeah, we both really like it. ;) They would. The whole team is pretty epic.

      Delete
    3. That was mainly the cause for my swap. ;D
      It was neat!
      <33

      Delete
  9. That snippet though....I MUST have this book now, lol! I still need to watch Midway....but I've only heard AMAZING things about it. I really need to get on it! xD

    I've heard of book outlet before but I've never used them....maybe I'll need to start! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHH. Soon, I hope?! Yes, yes, Midway is INCREDIBLE. You really must see it!

      You definitely should! There's all kinda of promotions running at times, and there's like a reward system, where you can rack up points toward free books?? Super epic :D

      Delete
  10. 2020 has been pretty good kinda crazy... Yeah... I'm enjoying a vacation in warmth right now.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good to hear! Gahhh, now that sounds fabulous ;)

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed this post!
    I’ve bought way too many books lately too! ;) Wow, that’s great that you’ve been able to read so much.
    So, did you like Atlanta? I think big cities are kind of fun. ;)
    I haven’t seen Midway, although I’ve heard quite a bit about it. I’m so glad you like Sue Thomas.
    I loved the snippet! I can’t wait to read this one. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, it's a problem. xD
      I did enjoy ATL! Big cities are fun. I'd like to live in one sometime...not forever, but maybe for a year or two. ;)
      Sue Thomas! <3
      I think you'll like it :D

      Delete
  12. I so need to see Midway......
    and YEAH BABY CHASING A DREAM!!!
    Your roommate is a fruitcake.
    Welp thanks cowboy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST SEE IT. Absolutely phenomenal.
      ahaha xD xD

      Delete
  13. I loved the movie Midway!!! Anything WWII and I almost always enjoy it. lol! ;D
    ~Brooklyn | fiveshekels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved it. I LOVE Sue Thomas, and I am going to go watch the trailer for Midway.
    I miss reading your blog, girl! I am coming back! I am going to pin it to the top of my computer to remind me.
    Maybe we should facetime sometime? You might message me on Insta, FB, or email, though, because I may not see it if you reply here. :P
    Have a great night!
    -Amy Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Ahhh, I love F.B.Eye so much!
      Hahah sounds good xD I've been really bad about keeping up with blogs lately
      we need to catch up!

      Delete
  15. OH MY GOODNESS. I got chills and I want to watch Midway after watching the trailer!

    ReplyDelete