A wonderful Sunday morning, everyone! I'm writing this in a bit of a hurry, so let's skip the elaborate intro, kay?
Today I have a cookie recipe for y'all! We call these cookies "boiled cookies", but I've also heard them called "no-bake", "oatmeal", and "chocolate peanut butter". And really? They fall into all those...categories. XD
Let's get started!
1) Add 2 sticks of butter to a medium sized pot and melt over low heat. Pour in one cup of milk, 8 tablespoons of cocoa, and 4 cups of sugar.
2) Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil and let it boil for 2 minutes. (Very important here... If you don't boil it long enough, the cookies won't set up right. ;))
3) After the two minutes are up, remove the pot from the heat and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 cup of peanut butter, and 5 cups of oats. (Either rolled oats or quick-fix-oatmeal, will work :))
4) Stir until completely mixed. Now comes the fun part...and the part you need to do rather quickly. ;)
5) Using a teaspoon (I guess that's the one I use? Whatever the medium-sized spoon in a ordinary silverware set is *nod nod*), dip out the chocolate-oatmeal mixture and drop it onto wax paper in cookie-sized splotches.
Ta da!! Sooo yummy!! :)
The measurements I gave you here, are actually double the recipe, because that's how I usually make them. So it could be halfed, if that's your preference. :)
Makes approximately 45 cookies.
And now...a story! I actually posted this story last year during 12DoC, but if you would weren't a dear reader of mine then, this is for you. Or maybe you would just like to read it again? Either way, here's the links. :)
Other stops on the linkup...
Only a week until Christmas, y'all! O.O