Sunday, February 10, 2019

A New Year + Kansas || January Recap



*comes in cringing* So, this is kinda super late. But I wanna continue doing recaps this year + changing up the 'life, 'books,' and 'writing' sections, so...forgive the tardiness and let me know what ya think of the new stuff, would ya?


|| Life. ||

|| New Year

January. A new year. 2019. Which is a really, really weird feeling. This is my last, full, calendar-year of being a teenager. Another really, really weird feeling. But it's good too. I spent a great deal of time reflecting this month. A new year, a new outlook, a new season of life. With new goals and plans and dreams. It's all part of the journey, though. And God's always good. <3

|| Kansas

As y'all already know, I went on an adventure this month. It was super fabulous in a way that words can't even describe. But here's a photo dump.



just keeping it real, ya know...






|| Selfies

Apparently I took a lot of selfies this month...? Which is kinda weird, to be honest, because I'm not a big fan of pictures of my face, sooo... Go figure.


ft. the bro's shoulder

|| Baking

I baked quite a few times this month, which I don't do that often. Several batches of cookies, cinnamon rolls, muffins, peppermint bark...twas scrumptious. Also, my family loves me.


|| Random

• Someone stabbed the snowman/pepper shaker. I don't even wanna know what the poor guy did to deserve this fate.



• The bro and I were home alone one night, which results in an Indiana Jones marathon and (you guessed it) cookies.

• My dog is cuter than your dog. (Sshh, it's fine, I ain't judging...)



• Traffic was backed up about 15 cars in each direction on a curvy two-lane because there was a couple runaway puppies in the road. Seeing five grown adults get repeatedly outsmarted by a little 20 lb. dog was humorous. xD




|| Books. || 


|| Best Read

Fiction, Christmas at Carnton by Tamera Alexander was GOLD. The romance was precious, and I adored the little boy character. I don't always love leading female character, but in this case I truly did. Aletta was so strong and just...ah. Well done, Ms. Alexander. *claps* And, ya know, our wounded lead guy was amazing as well. <3  I definitely want to read more by this talented author!

|| Worst Read

Hahaaa... Several books vied for worst of the month. xD  The Mailbox by Audrey Shafer takes the cake though. (Or doesn't, I guess??)  Most of it was just so darn creepy. Living with a dead body? A body that goes missing for weeks? Like I said—weird. And slightly warped.

Total Reads: 10



|| Writing. ||

|| Update

There wasn't much going on this month in the way of actual writing and editing, just a few chapters of War Tears and some work in a fanfiction story I start years ago and dove back into just because I didn't something new. I did, however, spend some time planning out what the year will like—what I'll be writing and editing each month, when I'll need to get projects to betas and then an editor and a formatter, in order to release them in time. That sort of thing. ;)

|| Snippet

As she glided down the stairs, curiosity mounting, Silas swung the door wide and ushered Jenny Miles into the foyer.  
Victoria’s steps faltered and she paused, her fingers gripping the hand rail. “Hello, Jenny.”    
At her name, Jenny’s eyes lifted, her face solemn as she stood before Victoria. “Good day, Victoria.”  
“Is it?” Victoria descended the final steps and led Jenny into the parlor.  
“I…I beg your pardon?” Jenny managed, glancing back up the staircase as if someone was going to tackle her and cart her off to jail at any given moment.  
Victoria let it go. Jenny was too jumpy, too distracted, to even catch the sarcastic undertone of the words spoken to her.  
“Should I bring coffee?” Silas asked as Victoria and Jenny took opposing seats near the fireplace where no flame was kindled.  
“That would be fine, Silas,” Victoria nodded, even as the thought of sharing such a simple act with this woman whom she’d once called friend made her want to flee. Heaven help her, but playing the happy hostess to the mother of the boy who’d caused her family this heartache might be more than she could bear. 



|| Blogging. || 

|| Favorite Posts

Joanne Bischof: A Faithful Leader

Sunshine and Joy: Identity Dreams and Future Plans

Twilight to Dawn: Your Pain is Real

Loved Before Time: When You Feel Like You've Blown It

Dancing in the Rain: An Ocean Away

The Peculiar Messenger: Contentment in God's Grace


|| My Posts






|| Goals. ||

|| January Goals

• Read 12+ books.      With books of the Bible, yeah, technically.

• Finish editing War Tears.     Ha. Ha. Haaaaa. No.

• Post weekly on each blog.      Nope.

• Re-vamp both blogs.      For sure nope.


|| February Goals

• Read 8 books.

• Edit 15 chapters.

• Finish a short story.

• Co-host a blog party with this gal. (Starts Monday!)


favorite highlight from january? best laugh, best book, best moment? 

16 comments:

  1. I loved reading this, Faith! <3
    I’m so glad you had a great month with your trip and just life in general. :)
    Oh yum! All of the stuff you baked sounds (and looks!) delicious. =)
    You made me want to read “Christmas at Carnton”! I need to be making a list of Christmas books I want to read. ;)
    Lovely snippet! Is this a new story…? ;)
    Can’t wait for the party!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! <3
      Thanks so much, dear. :)
      Ahhh, that one was so sweet! Maybe a bit more of my "type" book (injuries! xD), but I think you'd like it too. ;)
      Hehe, just a fan fiction...is that cheating? ;)

      Delete
  2. Great post, Faith! So glad you had an awesome month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, Faith! Sounds like you had a really good January!! Your dog looks so sweet! :)
    I really liked reading that snippet! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brooklyne! He's precious. <3
      Have a fabulous February!

      Delete
  4. <3 <3
    (Pretty much sums up my reaction...you know why)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the peppermint bark sounds really good! Looks like Kansas was nice, and last month went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! Looks like you had a fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a fun month! You read a lot more books than me. :)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Hehe, too much reading time, me thinks. xD

      Delete
  8. Your selfies are so fun! I hope you have a wonderful February. <3

    ReplyDelete