Sunday, February 3, 2019

An Adventure.



So, turns out I'm not dead.

Days after stating that I planned to blog weekly throughout the year and have a stronger online author presence, I did exactly the opposite. I hopped on a plane, flew off to the sunny snowy state of Kansas, and let "normal life" stay in the rearview for eight glorious days.

I have absolutely zero regrets.

I went on an adventure, y'all, and it was fabulous.

The girl who'd never been on a plane flew for the first time alone—and loved it.

The girl who'd never been over an hour from home on her own spent a week nearly 1,000 miles away.

There was a lot of other firsts—first time playing spoons, first time eating Spangles, first time experiencing flatlands snow.

*

This post is so random and disjointed and so short it doesn't even count, but that's okay. The gist of it is this: I'm not dead. I'm returning from my unplanned/unofficial hiatus. I'll be blogging lots in February.

And God is so good, y'all. <33

how have y'all been? tackled any adventures lately? 

18 comments:

  1. Wow! All by yourself! I would have been terrified flying by myself! So glad it was a gr8 experience! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite the experience, that's for sure, but I'm so glad I did it. :D Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. I will be going on an adventure in mid February. It will be a first in a airline, but I won't be alone. Maybe someday.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds so exciting! I flew on a plane for the first time as well last summer! (It wasn't by myself, though... I'm sure that WAS quite an adventure! =O )

    And don't you worry about all us over here in the blogosphere... Sometimes we all need to just take a break from social media things and take time to live in "real life", and have real life adventures and experiences! ;)

    I'm so glad you had such a grand adventure, Faith! (and are still alive and well xD) God is good indeed! Happy New Year to you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed! Ahhhh, isn't it fabulous tho?! I need an excuse to fly again...soon... :P

      Yes, definitely! Breaks are nice and they can revive you, as well as give you some time to enjoy the real world. :)

      Thanks so much, Faith! <33

      Delete
  4. Ohh, that is so fun! Firsts can be so much fun! I'm glad you got to unplug for awhile and enjoy them.
    I've been pretty good. No big adventures, but a lot of diving back into work that's been sitting for awhile. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, dear! Nothing wrong with "small" adventures! Hope you have a fabulous February. :)

      Delete
  5. That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
    Next time you go to Kansas, maybe we can work something out to see each other, too! I live in Missouri, right next to Kansas! We don't have to, it's just an idea, but it would be fun! 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D
      Oooh, that would be totally cool! I was in central Kansas, not Eastern, but still. ^_^

      Delete
  6. You had a nice adventure. Looking forward to your February blogs.
    Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had a fun adventure! That's great that you loved flying. :) It's not my most favorite thing, but I love how fast it is! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear! Hehe, it definitely gets you there faster. ;)

      Delete
  8. i've been on advetures before... and plan on one in March

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you had a great vacation! We all need to take a break sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete