Tuesday, December 15, 2020

12 Days of Christmas || Day 2 || 20 Little Christmas Lovelies


Because this year has been a continual lesson in learning to find the good among the bad, savor the moments while you have them, and remember what's truly important in life, I thought I would share 20 things that I've found a fuller appreciation for during Christmas 2020. 


• christmas lights everywhere on my drive home •


• peppermint everything •


• a lighted and decorated tree gracing the living room • 

(even if it took us nearly three days to get around to getting it finished)


• discovering new books <3 • 


• the fact that I had many more ideas for this post before I actually sat down to write it •


• the two light snows we've already had + a chance of snow later this week • 

(winter weather is my JIVE)


• christmas movie nights with special people • 


• speciality coffees + drinks •


• the need for coats and scarves and leggings and sweaters and boots and the like • 

(warm comfy clothes make me happy)


• christmas-y church services + hymns • 


• those people who go all out and even attach christmas decor to their vehicles • 

(saw an adorable decorated jeep last night and I'm kinda diggin' it)


• planning + picking out gifts for my people •


• christmas music on every. single. station. • 

(is it just me or does it seem like even the country stations started playing Christmas music earlier this year?)


• looping christmas lights through my bookshelf and giving my space a sweet glow •


• sales. sales. sales. • 

(this totally counts)


Zach William's version of Go Tell It on the Mountain • 


• hugging people •

(do not yell at me. I miss the days when no one frowned at hugging people randomly and fully and without judgement)


• the fact that there's not actually twenty things on this list, but you wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't told you • 


• this blog party and all it means to me <3 • 



|| 12 Days of Christmas

11 Favourite Indie Christmas Books @ Little Blossoms for Jesus

12 Days of Christmas: Day 2 @ Soldier Girl Stories

12 Days of Christmas: Day 2 @ Read Review Rejoice

“As In Olden Days” by Jesseca Wheaton @ Old-Fashioned Book Love

Bing Crosby Christmas Songs @ Life of Heritage

Book Review: A Storybook for Advent Series @ Farm Life: Autumn's Adventures

Christmas Books @ Faith on the Farm

Christmas Movies @ RebekahAshleigh

Spell the Month in (Christmas!) Books // December 2020 @ Reviews from the Stacks

Wake Up @ Kaitlyn Krispense, Author



what's making the Christmas season special for you this year? <3

(please say a prayer for some friends of ours today—they got the worst kind of news.) 

26 comments:

  1. My first reaction is to make a wise crack about MAKE HUGS GREAT AGAIN but no, I just miss hugs. *cries* Can we please bring them back?? *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peppermint!!!! I love this list, Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! <3
    Peppermint everything this time of year is amazing! I made some peppermint cookies the other day.
    Hehe, I’m one of those people who decorated my car. ;D
    Ah, your bookshelves probably look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yum! I think I saw them on your insta story ;)
      Hehehe ;)

      Delete
  4. <3 <3 <3
    Love this blog post idea + reading your 20 things list! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this list :) praying for your friends...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these! Discovering new books is the best! And SNOW!! I love winter weather! 😁 And peppermint, and... okay, I'll stop! Thanks for hosting the blog party!
    (Will be praying for your friends.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this list!!! Yeah for family Christmas movie nights!!! So much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Also, I have been missing hugs a ton, so no judgement here!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY,HEALTHY NEW YEAR
    Marilyn and Marion

    ReplyDelete