Wednesday, November 18, 2020

12 Days of Christmas... 2020?



Hello, lovely souls! 

I hope you’re all doing well and hanging in there as we welcome in the holiday season at the close of a long, tiresome, worrisome year. 

This hasn’t been the best year for many of us. Between a pandemic, civil and political unrest, and a wacked-out election (for my US homies, anyway). Due majorly to this fact plus a hectic schedule, I’ve been debating lately whether or not we should have the 12 Days of Christmas blog party again this year. 

And God promptly smacked me upside the head for continuing down this thought-track. 

“You’re not going to celebrate the birth of my Son because it’s inconvenient for you? You’re skipping the Christmas festivities you love so much because you ‘just don’t feel like it’?” 

(Talk about a dose of humility.) 

And then He proceeded to knock all other possible excuses out from under me. Work? The business I work at closes for the season a few days before the party begins. No reasoning there. School? I have finals the first two days of the parties, but that’s not a legitimate excuse. Even professional-procrastinators like me study before the day of the test...usually

All that to say... 

We're doing this. I got over myself. It’s happening—assuming at least a few of y’all are game. (Can’t do it all by my lonesome… that would be boring... I asked on Instagram the other day and got an almost 100% positive response, so like... where y'all at...) 

But hey! The party will run December 14th through the 25th, just like it was every year since 2015. (Please don't go back at look at our sad beginnings—I cringe just thinking about it.) Sixth year in a row, woot woot! I'm excited. :P 

If you're interested in joining, we would LOVE to have you. Legit all you've got to do to get involved is 1) email/message/comment and let me know you want to take part and 2) start planning/prepping your posts. This is later than I used to start planning, but we still have like 26 days, so we totally got this. 

Back to what I said about Instagram—if you have social media but not a blog and still want to participate, you're totally welcome. Just message me or something so we can work out details and figure out the best way for me to direct readers to your content.

I'll be posting every morning through the 12 consecutive days, and you're all welcome to post as many or as few times as you like. Remember that this is about Christmas, but beyond that, you can post whatever Christmasyness you want... If you need inspiration, you can find all the previous 12DoC posts here or a list of popular ideas for post topics in the past here

So uh,... yeah, I think that's all I need to say right now. Any questions?

who's in?!

42 comments:

  1. ooh this sounds fun! i might be able to join if i have the time. looking forward to your posts !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to participate in the party again this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I’d like to participate please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question- these will all be posted on our blogs, and you can post any/all the 12 days?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct! Everyone posts on their own blogs and at some point between now and the day the party starts, I'd prefer for everyone to send me at least a tentative plan of what/when they plan to post so I know which days to direct party-goers to your blog. If not, at least let me know by the night before that you're posting the next day. I'm pretty chill about it. :P

      If you have any questions, just shoot me an email!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Faith! Ahhhh. Thanks! <3

      Delete
  5. I would so love to do it again this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to participate in the party too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds lovely! I'll look forward to seeing what y'all come up with! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. ME ME ME--somehow didn't see your Insta ask, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was actually telling myself earlier this year, "if Faith does 12DoC again, I'm participating" because I missed it. xD I'm totally in, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’d love to join in on a day or two! I can definitely post on the 23rd, for sure. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I'll be participating this year, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing everyone's 12DoC posts!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely Faith I’m definitely going to take part in the 12DoC this is my first time actually can’t wait! ♥️🎄

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to participate!! I have this unintentional tradition of never posting in December and so it might be nice to change that up a bit...;) But mostly, this just sounds super duper fun. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! We would love to have you. :) I'm not seeing a way to contact you on your blog... would you mind to send me an email so I can send you any info? (hischosenfirefly@gmail.com)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  14. This sounds SO fun! If it's not too late to say so, I would love to participate :D

    ~ Scarlett | An Attempt At Authenticity
    https://a4andme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Can you shoot me a quick email so I can add you to the email list? :) hischosenfirefly@gmail.com, or the contact form at the bottom of the page. Thanks!

      Love your blog btw! The title and aesthetic is very refreshing :)

      Delete
    2. Sure :)

      Aww thank you! I'm so glad you think so! <3

      Delete
  15. I know you'll probably be pretty busy soon, but I nominated you for the Avid Reader's Tag!
    Here's the post:
    https://farmgirl4jesus.wordpress.com/2020/12/04/the-avid-readers-award-tag/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll try to participate. I send you my post schedule. Here is my blog name.
    Hannah
    https://mylifegodspath.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, great! If you could email me (hischosenfirefly@gmail.com), so I can add you to the email list, that would be great :)

      Delete