Thursday, September 10, 2020

Stop the Rain by Kassie Angle || spotlight


The first installment in our almost-every-Thursday indie book spotlights has arrived! <3 


My pal Kassie revealed the cover for her next release, Stop the Rain, while I was MIA. It's a lovely one. I absolutely adored her last book, Tattered Wings, even though it ripped my heart out and trampled all over it. 


But this one? A PTSD awareness novel? No one fights alone... never leave a fallen comrade... and all that... I'm already bracing myself to be lowkey crushed. 


(Lowkey? Who am I kidding? I'll be a dang mess.) 



|| Synopsis 

He left his entire world in Iraq. So why did the war follow him home?



Harley Keane and his best friend Nigel were just kids when 9/11 rocked their world and changed their lives forever. When they’re finally old enough to join the Army, all their childhood dreams seem about to come true. But war wasn’t supposed to be like this. A kid’s dream isn’t supposed to become a living nightmare. Fellow soldiers aren’t supposed to bleed out in front of your eyes.



Back home, safe and unwounded, Harley feels anything but. Why would God spare him when so many others were taken? Why won’t the nightmares stop, even when he’s awake? And how long can he hide the truth that threatens everything he has left? When Harley’s invisible scars refuse to stay hidden, will he let anyone close enough to help? 

And how do you go on with life when “okay” isn’t okay at all?


Coming November 11, 2020



|| Author Bio

Kassie Angle is a teenaged Christian author, cowgirl, therapy dog trainer, stereotypical INFJ, and Army girl to the core. Her first love, i.e. debut novel, O to be Like Thee, swept her unexpectedly into the world of indie authors. She tries to use her stories to fill the silences in literature, helping more people understand the world of the Army and showing how God heals the broken-hearted. 

You can find her and more of her writing at SoldierGirlStories.com and her Instagram (@saving_grace_and_a_blue_sky). 



have you read anything by Kassie? if not, you're totally missing out. <3 

8 comments:

  1. I've read Everything that girl writes except a short story about a Charter that I can bring myself to read yet... XD She never fails to make me cry...and be proud to be an American.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beta read StR, and well, woooooooow, it was so good and bad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should definitely read this one someday! <3

    ReplyDelete