Thursday, October 15, 2015

So...exactly when did creation take place?

 As I sit here, I realize it's been several days since I've posted and I need to post something. :) So I scrolled through my documents and found a paper I had to write for history last year. And that's what you're going to get today. ;) 
The next part of "Being Little Sister" is near completion and I feel motivated to get this story finished and posted so we can move on to something else! :-) I hope to have that part up this weekend...*looks at calendar* Thursday already?! :-O Anyway...

******

  "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (Genesis 1:1 KJV)

  There has been great controversy over just when creation took place. The above reference from Genesis states two things: 
1. The earth was created by God and did not happen or "evolve" by chance.
2. It happened in the beginning, in the beginning of time. 

  Many people have guessed and made estimations, calculations, or suggestions about when the earth was created. People from China, Babylon, Axum, Persia, Egypt, and India thought 6204-5369 BC. Alphonso X, a spainiard, calculated as long ago as 6984 BC. Johannes Kepler, an astronomer, said 3993. Archbishop James Ussher, in his study of world history, published between 1650 and 1654, suggested 4004 BC. The traditional Jewish date for creation is 3761 BC. Bede estimated 5199 BC. Martin Luther figured 3961 BC. And Josephus determined 5481 and 5402 BC. The Human Register from Rod and Staff publishers says 3960 BC, only a year off from Martin Luther's calculations. 
 
  The Big Bang theory and evolution suggest the world slowly progressed to where it is today over a time period of millions, or perhaps even billions of years. 
  Uniformitarianism is the assumpition that things (such as minerals) have always progressed at approximately the same rate. Therefore they claim stuff such as the Grand Canyon in Arizona would have taken a long time to reach the form it has today. 
 However, the above theories do not follow God's Holy Word, the Bible. By adding up all the years in the Bible we can get in the ballpark of how long it has been since God created the earth. It has been around 6,000 years (not the millions or even billions that evolutionist and athesist conclude.)

*******

What do y'all think? It's far from my best work, I know. ;)
Thanks for reading! Hope you're having a blessed day! 
-Faith


8 comments:

  1. A very practical response to a question that some think is hard to figure out. :) Sometimes I wonder why people can't read Genesis and figure out what time creation took place? I mean, honestly, what's so hard to understand?
    Thanks for your post. I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Seriously, why would you believe in evolution or some such nonsense when you could just trust in God and His Word? It's so much simpler. :)
      Thank you, Rebekah!

      Delete
  2. This was a great paper, Faith! :) I learned this a year or two in science, BJU, I think! It went over the Christian view and secular views on creation. Sometimes, I just find it so confusing that people are pretty much making up excuses to cover up the truth! It's like what Romans 1:18 says "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth".
    Thanks for sharing your paper, Faith! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've used many BJU textbooks! My biology is Bob Jones this year. ;) It is sad. :( I love that verse, too!
      Thanks, Blessing! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you for the Awesome Food Award! :) You can check it out here: http://countingyourblessingsonebyone.blogspot.ca/2015/10/the-awesome-food-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Blessing!! ;) I'll get to it as soon as I can. :)

      Delete
  4. This is something that is such a great controversy between many. Not even all Christians agree, but I believe that the Bible is very clear that the heavens, and everything therein, were created in six literal days, around 6,000 years ago. I actually wrote a paper last year using astronomy to prove this that I hope to post soon on my blog. Hopefully it will be a witness for some and you will enjoy reading it! Thanks so much for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! I hope to read it on blog soon. ;)
      Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for reading and commenting!! :)

      Delete