Thursday, June 15, 2017

RJF ~ Summery Reads


Hello all! I'm going to be a total copy-cat and do a post similar to others I've saw around the blogosphere lately. I'm not sure who started it, but JonathanSavannah, and Zane have all did this type of thing now. 

I'm also posting in part with Deborah C.'s "Recommend June Fest". Check out her blog for other book recommendations, going all this month. :D 



// SERIES 


The Keystone Stable series by Marsha Hubler ~ Like, wow, y'all. I never realized how summery these books were until I was looking through my shelves for stuff to use in this post. A Horse to Love (book one), Summer Camp Adventure (book four), and The Long Ride Home (book eight) are more summery than the rest, but...ooooh, they should totally be read during the summer months. And they're not that long so, you could read like 3 of these in the time you could read one longer book. *nods* 
If you like 'horse books', contemporary settings, and stories of foster homes for troubled teens, these are for you. #perfectforsummer



// CONTEMPORARY 


Summer Promise by Robin Jones Gunn ~ It has summer in the title. I couldn't not include this little hunk of beachy-ness. Granted, I didn't agree with some of the content, and I've only read this one and book two so I can't recommend the whole series. But it would still make a pretty good summer quick-grab. #summeryness

The Ebb Tide by Beverly Lewis ~ Okay, so, I haven't officially finished this book, but a gal I trust for all things bookish recently reviewed it. So I'll take her word for it that this one is a keeper. ;) And would you look at that cover?! #beachreadsforthewin



// HISTORICAL 


{1940s} Interrupted by Rachel Coker ~ OHMEGOODNESS, this book is beautiful and utterly delightful. Since it covers several years, it obviously isn't set only during the summer. But it is quite summery and there's oodles of beach scenes. #abeautyyoudontwannamiss

{1910s} Once Upon a Summer by Janette Oke ~ Again, it has summer in the title. And this little darlin' is perfect for summer. It's humorous and cute and just fun. I read it last late spring/early summer and it is so sweet. Just a good ol' not-your-typical family story. :) 

{1950s} Love Me Tender by Janice Hanna ~ *melts at the adorable cover* Basically, this book is amazing. I read it recently with a friend and it was just SOO cute!! <3 The 1950s vibes were definitely there, the romance was sweet as could be, and being set in a seaside town? It makes a perfect summer read. #cutenessoverload

{1880s} Heartbreak Trail by Susan K. Marlow ~ Summer time excitement and adventure...perfect description, I do believe. This isn't my favorite Andi book (sorry, but Courgaeous Love took that spot. Once and forever. <3), but it's definitely a good one. #cattledrives



// BONUS 


Annnddd...here's a bonus of two books that I haven't read so I can't really recommend them, but they look/sound so good. And they're on my summer TBR, so. xD  

To Get to You by Joanne Bischof ~ After reading This Quiet Sky, I knew I would want to read more by Ms. Bischof. A friend very nearly ordered me to read this one, insisting upon how amazing and cute it is. And once I saw the cover and read the synopsis? Um, yeah, I obviously need this in my life. Also, I've been told it includes a road trip?! #roadtripsaresosummery

{1960s} Chasing Jupiter by Rachel Coker ~ *totally not over here drooling over the cover* This. book. looks. amazing. Judging my the synopsis and the barrage of good things I've been told about this book, it's definitely one I need to read. And the cover?! Peaches?! (It's set in Georgia I think??) I MUST READ IT SOON. <33 



Well, I believe that's all I've got for now. Oh! And just so y'all know, I'll be out of town from this Saturday through the next Saturday. So...no replying to comments or emails, but I do have some stuff scheduled. Anywho, see y'all later! *waves* 

~Faith 


P.S. Don't forget to visit Reading in June for more RJF posts! :D

14 comments:

  1. Oh, how fun to do a summery reads book recommendation post! Hmm…I might have to do something like this. I’ve done book recommendation posts in the past and they are always fun to do, and to read too!
    I’ve been wanting to read The Keystone Stable series for awhile, now I really want to read them! I might have to get some at the library next week. How many books are in the series?
    “Summer Promise” is nice and summery too! The other Christy Miller books feel summery as well. ;)
    “The Ebb Tide”, yes!! :D Aww..you’re so sweet, Faith! I trust you for all things bookish as well!
    “Interrupted”, “Love Me Tender”, and “Heartbreak Trail” are so fun too! I really want to read “Once Upon a Summer”. I really should read it this summer. =)
    I really enjoyed reading this, Faith!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, this post is thanks to you, girl! When you asked what some of my favorite summery reads were, I immediately thought a post would be fun. :D Oooh, yes, you should!! I would love to see it!
      Yay!! I hope you enjoy them! :D There is eight books in the series. In the original publications there was 6, but when they re-did the covers (and possibly slightly revised the books? Not sure) two more books were added. They're all good, but I think book-8 is my favorite. :)
      Hehe, that's one series I wanna finish this summe for sure...I keep saying that though, don't I? :P
      *grins* OH! I just finished it, like, half an hour ago!
      *nods* You definitely should read that one! I, um *cough* still need to read the last two books in the Seasons of the Heart series. ;)
      I'm so glad, girlie! <3

      Delete
    2. Oh, really? Cool! :D I actually kinda thought about that when I saw this post. ;) Okay, I think I will do it!
      I'm looking forward to them. Okay, thanks for letting me know. Our library has the whole series then. :)
      Hehe, well maybe this summer will be the time you get to finish them.
      Eeps!! I can't wait to read your review!

      By the way, I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you for The Book Lovers Tag. If you'd like to participate here is the link:http://rebekahashleigh.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-book-lovers-tag.html

      Delete
    3. Yay! I look forward to seeing it!! :D
      Hehe, wonderful! It's annoying when they have parts of series. :P
      I'm hoping to get my review up tonight, but I don't know if it'll happen. ;)

      EEEPPS, thank you!! ^_^ I'll certainly be doing it after I get back.

      Delete
  2. I really want to read those Rachel Coker books! I mean, 1940's and 1960's?! I need them! I've been looking for more good books set in the 60's, so I'm so definitely going to read that one.


    Great post, Faith! Have fun being out of town! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, right?! :D I've heard lovely things about Chasing Jupiter, and Interrupted is just...beautiful and amazing and <3 <3

      Thank you, dear! Hehe, I shall!

      Delete
  3. I've read both the Rachel Coker books you have mentioned. They're pretty fun. I REALLY enjoyed Interrupted, and Chasing Jupiter was SO SAD! I loved it though. It was fun, but sad, just warning you. If those are the types of books you like to read I can recommend a few like them.

    Of course Circle C is good. :)

    Thank's for this post. I'm gonna check out the horse series. I love Foster kid books. I SO WANT TO BE A FOSTER MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, yes, I've heard that Chasing Jupiter is quite heartbreaking. Interrupted was too though, in the early part with Allie's mom. Hehe, I'll always take recommendations. ;)

      Of course! *high five*

      I'm so glad you enjoyed it! That's great!! The foster parents in that series are just...wonderful. *hugs them*

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness. I almost had a squealing fit when you mentioned me at the beginning!! :) The Ebb Tide looks really, really good. I can't wait to read your review of it on Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, hehe, I'm so glad! :D It was...amazing. Hope you enjoy the forthcoming review!

      Delete
  5. AHH *drools* I love these kind of posts lol. I literally JUST bought Chasing Jupiter yesterday, and expecting it to come in on Monday!!! SO STOKED. I've heard so many reviewers say that it is sO powerful and they cried a LOT and AGHhhH I'm so excited for it. xD

    Jazzy @ http://thrivinghope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, same. XD Ahh, so awesome! Augh, I've heard the same thing...I've really gotta read that one...soon. :P

      Delete
  6. This post was so beautiful!! All the books you recommended look so good. I'm looking forward to reading Love Me Tender soon; I found it at a used bookstore. I love Rachel Coker's books!!!!

    Thanks for posting for the Fest!!! It's really special to me to see others joining in on recommending their favorites. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed, Deborah! EEPS, that one is sooo good! <3

      And thank you for hosting it! I hope I can do another RJF post this week...while its still June. XD

      Delete