Thursday, September 21, 2017

Two Announcements.

Happy Thursday, friends! *silently promises to come up with a more normal intro than stating the day of the week* 

But, Thursday, y'all. That means tomorrow is my favorite day of the week. xD Okay, okay, I'll abandon the rabbit trail and get down to business... Anyone remember the two upcoming-epic-things I mentioned in my most recent wrap-up post


Well, I'm here today to tell y'all about those. One of them is blogging related and the other isn't (although it sort of is?), but I'm pretty sure y'all are gonna enjoy hearing about both when the time comes. ;) 

First up, the blogging related announcement! Many of y'all probably recall the Five Fall Favorites party that Rebekah Morris at Read Another Page hosted last year. Well, it's happening again and I'll be taking part! 

Book recommendations, discounted and free books, a super awesome giveaway (including a signed copy of Dandelion Dust :))...there is simply no reason you shouldn't attend the party! 

It will be going on Monday, October 2nd through Friday, October 7th with daily posts from each of the participants on the invitation below. (Some but not all of the bloggers will be posting on Saturday to announce the prize winners.) 


Spread the news, peeps! We're going to have SO much fun!! 



Secondly, the not-really-blogging-related-except-sorta announcement. (On this one, I'm giving y'all a bit of backstory. Just hang tight, bear with me, and don't you DARE skip ahead.) 

In the spring of 2015, I started this blog. One of my first followers and commenters was an young, aspiring author who's blogs I had been reading for several months. She commented, asking if I'd like to swap emails. I agreed, and we started talking. Every couple days...every day...several times a day... Over that spring/summer/fall we quickly became great friends, and kept discovering the oodles of things we have in common. Writing, reading, family, books, Nazis, blogging, school. (We literally have the strangest conversations sometimes.) 

That fall, my family was planning a trip out west and, of course, I was immediately like "Are we going through Kansas?!" Turns out, we would probably be coming through some part of Kansas on the way home. So, of course, I asked if it would be possible to meet my friend and her family. 

(By the way, this certain, amazing girl is Jesseca Dawn from Whimsical Writings for His GloryDid I forget to mention that until now? Pfft, half of y'all had probably already guessed it.) 

Although not a long visit, we were able to meet up with her family for the evening and get ice cream. It was SO amazing to meet in person someone whom I had only talked to online!! 


Yeah, that's us...a really terrible, really fuzzy picture. But look how young we look, y'all!! o.O

Nearly two years has past since that quick meeting. During that time, we remained friends (obviously) and talked, almost jokingly at first, about when we would be able to get together again. (When you live 1,000 miles apart, this is not exactly simple.) 

Then, sometime back in August, Jess was like "ya know, I should come visit you this fall." My immediate response was "YES YES COME," followed quickly by, "please be serious!!" 

And she was. And, yes, it is happening. *squeals and grins and dies* 


PEOPLE. This girl is coming to see me in, like, less than three weeks!! And I get to spend ten glorious days with this beautiful, amazing, inspiring, young lady!!! <3 One of my favorite people in the world!! <3 

*cue background noise of dramatic screams* *cough* Yeah, I'm sorta-kinda excited and probably won't sleep a wink for a week before she gets here. XD 

All that said...blogging friends, y'all are special. Very special. Don't let anyone ever tell you that such 'online friendships' aren't real friendships. Because they are – or can be. And I'm blessed to have the best ones out there. <33 

(Jess, I'm so thrilled this is happening. <3 Forgive me for stalking your social media to collect that second picture? *wink*) 


~Faith 

26 comments:

  1. THAT IS SO EXCITING!! I dream about that happening to me, like, all the time!!! I hope you and Jesseca have tons of fun and make lots of precious memories <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEPS I KNOW!! :D Thank you so much, Lila!! <3

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, that's exciting!! I agree with you. I've met some of the nicest, most encouraging people through blogging. As someone who struggles to find good friends, its been amazing to find so many nice people. This is so exciting. Have fun!!!
    <3

    ~Ivie
    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *squeals* I'm just so thrilled!! Oh, me too. How come it's easier to find dear, likeminded people online? :P Thank you, Ivie!

      Delete
  3. That’s so fun that you’re participating in the Five Fall Favorites blog party, Faith! I remember reading different bloggers posts last year and it was fun! I’m looking forward to it this year and especially your posts! :)
    Have fun with Jesseca! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun!!! I'm super looking forward to it. :D I hope you enjoy it too!
      Hehe, I will! ;)

      Delete
  4. THAT'S SO EXCITING, FAITH!!! Online friends are ABSOLUTELY real. I can't even imagine how excited you are right now!!

    Hope y'all have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS, ZANE!! They totally are. Haha, how's 'grinning and bouncing around like a toddler whenever I think about it' for an explanation? xD

      Thank you! <3

      Delete
  5. Yay announcements! I love hearing announcements :) Wow, the blog party sounds so fun! I can't wait to see everyone's posts! And what exciting news! Online friends are friends too you know ;) and it's awesome when you actually get to meet them in person. Thanks for those announcements, friend :) Hope you and Jessica have a wonderful time together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, me too. ;) Great! I'm glad you're looking forward to it! They most definitely are. ;) We certainly will!!

      Thanks so much, Ashley! <3

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...okay well I'm the worst at this gosh...

      MEETING INTERNET FRIENDS IS THE BEST!!

      Delete
    2. *saw your comment before it was deleted* Oh goodness, I don't even remember what post of your I commented on... Did you have fall books/movies recommendations recently? I get your blog confused with another one. XP

      Absolutely!!!

      Delete
  7. Yay!!!! That is marvelous, Faith!!! You two will have an amazing time, I know!! And yes, amen - internet friends are so special. <3 My best friend lives nearly 2,000 miles away, and we've never met, but we email, write, call, and keep our friendship plenty close even though the distance is terribly long.
    So I totally relate in how meeting up isn't always simple, but SO EXCITING!!! :D Have loads of fun and takes lots of pictures together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gahh, isn't it though?! Very, very special. <3 That is so amazing!!
      Haha, I'm sure we will!! :D

      Delete
  8. I am happy for you that you get to meet Jess again!
    P.S. I hope we can meet someday, too. :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super looking forward to it! :)
      That would be fun!!

      Delete
  9. So close yet so far! I'm actually going to be in NC in Nov, but it's still a bit of a distance from you xP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Exciting! You know we have to see pics.

    Hey, do you have a little more info on the Fall Five? For people who think it's an awesome and wanted to participate late year but couldn't and have no idea what to do first *cough* me..

    Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm sure there will be plenty taken! ;D

      Hmm, I'm not sure. I got involved through a signup form that was floating around a couple months back. Maybe there will be an option on the giveaway again this year to post an FFF-connected post for more entries? I'm not certain on that, but I suppose it's possible.

      Welcome! ^_^ Sorry I wasn't much help!

      Delete
    2. It's ok. Thanks anyway. I'll just keep an eye on here, when you get to posting it. :)

      Delete
    3. Sorry! Okay, I hope you enjoy it! :D

      Delete
    4. Libby May, If you should see this, I just wanted to let you know that if you are interested in being a part of the Five Fall Favorites party next year, we'll probably have a sign up form after the party for those who are interested in being contacted. :)

      Delete
  11. YESSSS I CAN'T WAIT! And yeah, you're totally forgiven for stalking social media. ;) I can't wait!!! AUGH! Five dayysss! It's hard to believe it's really happening!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks. ;) *squeals* FOUR days now!! Gah, I know!! I think it's still sinking. XD

      Delete