Saturday, March 3, 2018

#MyFirstPostRevisited {In Which Faith Cringes}

Today is going to be interesting. Today Faith is going to get a lesson in humility.



Ivie Brooks tagged me for this and...*coughs*...yeah...it's gonna be bad. (First-time-blogger, fourteen-year-old Faith had absolutely NO idea what she was doing.) But thanks just the same, Ivie. *wink*


// Rules

>> You must highlight your first post and nothing else. Otherwise will be cheating.   *sobs*

>> Link back to the person who tagged you and thank them if you feel like it.   Yeah, yeah, done...

>> Cut and past your UNEDITED first post into this post.   O.ooo

>> Put the #MyFirstPostRevisited in the title.

>> Tag five other bloggers to do this.  Aha, so this tag does have a fun side...

>> Notify those you tagged in their comments section so they are aware and can't get out of doing the tag.     *dons halo*

>> Feel free to cut and paste the badge for your blog. (I didn't even bother tracking down the original badge, so if y'all want to do that, I suggest starting with Ivie's post.)


// Post

Alrighty, peeps, here it is...

 Welcome to Stories by Firefly! I'll be posting stories and parts of stories I'm writing and I love getting feedback, whatever it may be. So please let me know what you think in the comments.
 I hope you enjoy what I post. I plan to post 1-2 times a week, but that might not always happen if life gets in the way. Lol:)
 Some stories will be funny, some scary, some sad, and some crazy, but then that pretty much describes me!
Firefly (AKA Faith)
 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.  -Acts 4:12-13 KJV 

*pauses* *re-reads post* *considers crawling under desk* *decides it would do no good*

Okay, so...yeah. I'm hoping I've come a long way from this...interesting beginning. Let's try to figure out what was going on here.

First, its a typical 'Welcome' post. It tells what to expect from the blog—stories, which is something I haven't completely stuck with. I mention life getting in the way...which is kind of ironic because fourteen-year-old-me had even less of a life than seventeen-year-old-me does.

I said that funny, scary, sad, and crazy describes me. With an exclamation point. Was I proud of that...? (I'm legit dying over the "AKA", so we're going to skip that before I lose my sanity.)

And lastly, I close with a Bible verse. It's a good one, sure. Still a favorite. But...what relation did it have...? *whispers* I do not know...

*coughs and wonders if anyone is still here* Like I said, I hope I've come a long ways from there. But still, that's where I started and it is part of my history, so I guess it can stay, hidden deep in the archives. ;)


// The Tagged 


Raechel @ Gods Peculiar Treasure Rae
Rebekah @ RebekahAshleigh
Faith @ The Writer's Song
Blessing @ Counting Your Blessings One by One
Rebekah @ Rebekah's Remarks


How do you feel about your first blog post? How long have you been blogging? (My third blogiversary is coming up. :D)

~Faith

23 comments:

  1. AHHH, FAITH, NO!!! WHY YOU TAG ME?!

    I mean, my post isn't too bad, but still. Halp. XD

    This isn't so bad! You were fourteen. Don't forget that. And everyone has to start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cackles* Someone must join my misery. xD

      Thanks, girl!

      Delete
  2. It’s crazy how we assume life will get less busy “next year” (or month, or week, or whatever) but it only gets busier...

    This isn’t a bad post! Don’t feel too ashamed of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? So weird. :P

      Aww, thanks, Julian! It's not as bad as it could be. ;)

      Delete
  3. Haha, don't worry, Faith, my first blog post(s) were pretty cringe worthy to! Gotta admit, I laughed pretty hard at the "Was I proud of that?"
    I doesn't matter where your blog started, it's pretty awesome now!
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I'm not the only one. ;D Hahaha!
      Thank you, Mikayla!

      Delete
  4. Faith, your first post really isn’t bad. I mean your posts have improved, but still it’s not bad. My first post is only like three sentences… ;) Umm…thanks for tagging me. ;D I will get to this one soon!
    Also I tagged you for the Liebster Award. I know you already did one on your other blog, but if you want to answer some new questions… ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girlie. ;) Hehe, I'm sure your first post is great. Have fun with it, haha. ;)
      I saw that, thank you! :D I'll probably do it again, on here. :D

      Delete
  5. This is great! Your post wasn't bad. And I do think you've come a long way. It just takes experience. Thank you for doing the tag. :D

    ~Ivie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on almost 3 years of blogging, Faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first post isn't bad at all! And thanks for tagging me. XP I'm actually probably gonna be 'bad' and pass, because frankly, nobody wants to read a post from almost ten years ago when I shouldn't have been blogging. ;)
    But thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! You're more than welcome to pass on the tag, dear. ;)

      Delete
    2. And wow—ten years is a long time!

      Delete
  8. Hey, that was a nice intro blog! :) I don't think I even did an introduction...I just dove in with the topic that was one my mind;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ryan! ;) Hehe, that might have worked out better!

      Delete
  9. Haha, your first post isn't bad at all! I started blogging at the age of eight. I liked -- no, I LOVED -- exclamation points. It's safe to say I've come a long way since then. ;P

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, relatable on the exclamation points. ;D Yes, your posts are lovely!

      Delete
  10. My blogiversary is coming up too.... I posted my first blog post May 14, 2016. So I'll have been blogging for two years. I can defiantly see improvement from my first and recent posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome, Sarah! :) I didn't realize you'd been blogging so long, but your posts are great. :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Your posts are great too :)

      Delete