Wednesday, September 26, 2018

20 Years Ago...

Brick church...

Girls in green dresses...

Guys in black tuxes...

Bride in a white gown...



Twenty years ago, two people said "I do" and set forth on the adventure of a lifetime. Those two people became my parents.

And, unlike with many marriages, they're still together. Two decades later. Twenty years. Two-hundred and forty months. Seventy-three hundred days. However you want to look at it, that's a long time.

That's two kids and twelve years of homeschooling.

That's starting a business, while still keeping up with the tree farm.

That's four churches, serving three as pastor and pastor's wife, Sunday school teachers, youth leader, mission trip chaperones.

These people are pretty amazing, y'all.



Mom, for eighteen years you've been my mother, my teacher, my friend, my confidant, my mentor, my chauffeur, my Sunday school teacher. You're an amazing and wonderful woman of God.



Dad, for eighteen years you've been my father, my friend, my confidant, my mentor, my teacher, my pastor, my protector, my chauffeur, my provider, You're a strong and faithful man of God.

And I love you both very much.

And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken. ~ Ecclesiastes 4:12 kjv


Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad. Here's to twenty more. <3 

18 comments:

  1. Greatest blessings: a beautiful talented daughter, a handsome intelligent son and one who’s always resided with Jesus.
    Thanks for a wonderful and thoughtful post.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post and huge congrats to your lovely parents!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your parents on 20 years and happy anniversary!! :) What a sweet post to do for your parents, Faith! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to yoru parents! This post was so sweet, Faith!! :DD <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your parents! I loved reading this. And I, for one, am very grateful your parents got together because that means we got you! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Mikayla!! Your comment seriously made my smile so big! You're a blessing. <3

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Potts! Thank you for the good example!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! My parents are almost there too. Aren't we so blessed to have such amazing examples God has placed in our lives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! <3 Thanks for reading, Libby. :)

      Delete
  8. What a sweet post, Faith! <3 I think sometimes we can forget how blessed we are when we've grown up our whole lives with loving parents who have been faithful to both each other and us. Your post here just reminded me once again what a blessing my own loving, faithful parents are to me as well. :)

    Happy anniversary to your dad and mom!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Aww, I'm glad the post touched you. <3

      Thank you, Faith! <3

      Delete