Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Christmas Release, 200 Books, & A Blog Party || December Recap

(Yes, this is a tad late. We're going to blame that on the fact that Faith has been enjoying not blogging and reading an exorbitant amount of books. But here I am. Better late than never, am I right?)



I released a book, hosted a Christmas party, read 200 books... Oh, and it's been a year since I last wrote a December recap?? Like, what?? It's 2019—2018 is over? I haven't talked to y'all since last year?!

SAY WHAT.


|| Life. ||

>> We got over a foot of snow. Legit made me so happy. We were snowed in all weekend and I read four books and we got ridiculously tired of each other and it was fab. xD




>> You might be in the south, if the Taco Bell guy says "sorry for the wait, y'all. Alright, y'all have a good day now."


>> Having five dozen wacko conversations like this one.

Bro: a sister is something you have and don't want. A wife is something you want and don't have.
Me: *burst out laughing*
Bro: Wait... I think I said that wrong...?


>> My family went shopping one day, a week or two before Christmas. After hitting several stores and wandering Main Street, we went to Dairy Queen for lunch. And got locked in the restrooms. No joke.

So like, you go through the seating area and through this door into a hall that has restrooms and some employees entrance or something. My mom, bro, and I went in, and when we're headed back to the restaurant where Dad was waiting...the door we'd legit just came through wouldn't open. We all tried it (laughing until we couldn't breathe, of course), and it would wiggle but wouldn't open.

Apparently we were just doing something wrong and laughing too hard to realize it, because a guy on the other side heard us and got up to let us back in. So as we come through, laughing and telling Dad what happened, another guy spoke up across the room—"Y'all seem to be having way too much fun."

Yup, pretty much, sir.


>> Allll the Christmasyness. Christmas play + dinner at church, Christmas music everywhere, all the secrets and wrapping paper and packages received and packages to mail. Decorations, ornaments, nativities, books, outdoor lights *points*, a blog party, and SO MUCH DARN FOOD. Gracious, I love that time of year though. <3




>> Throughout the month, I spent about two weeks house-sitting/pet-sitting, for two different people/couples. One has an ADORABLE puppy who I basically just cuddled and adored and played with for like over a week...

Honestly, though. Just look at that face. And ignore my weird position.


>> Over the final weekend of the month/year, I enjoyed a fabulous readathon with a handful of other gals! It was so much fun. We had crazy-random discussions, read loads of books/pages, and danced in confetti...virtually, of course. ;)



|| Books. ||


// books

An Endless Christmas by Cynthia Ruchti -- 5 stars -- Review
A Happy Trails Christmas by Roy Rogers & Dale Evans -- 4 stars
Silent Star by Tracie Peterson -- 4 stars -- Review
A Christmas Peril by Diane Moody -- 5 stars
Hope Your Heart Needs by Holley Gerth -- 4 stars -- Review
Savanna's Gift by Camille Eide -- 5 stars -- Review
Decree by Tricia Mingerink -- 4 stars -- Review
The 12 Ways of Christmas by David Jeremiah -- 4 stars
At Your Request by Jen Turano -- 3 stars
Coffee Shop Christmas by Ryana Miller -- 4 stars -- Review
Then Came You by Becky Wade -- 4 stars
The Old Mansion's Secret by Rebekah A. Morris -- 4 stars
The Christmas Joy Ride by Melody Carlson -- 3.5 stars
The Haunted Cabin Mystery by Gertrude Chandler Warner -- 3 stars
The Angel of Bastogne by Gilbert Morris -- 3.5 stars
Runaway by Dandi Daley Mackall -- 4 stars


short stories //

The Least of These by Kate Willis -- 4 stars
Emmanuel by Angela R. Watts -- 5 stars
Songs in Our Memories by R.A. Rooney -- 3.5 stars
Even in the Grey by Laura Guenot -- 4 stars
Kind by Kellyn Roth -- 4 stars -- Review
The Villain Who Saved Christmas by C.B. Cook -- 4 stars
These Three Things by Gracelyn Buckner -- 5 stars



|| Writing. ||

December in the writing realm was...interesting. I always say that, don't I? I can't say the month was exactly productive... But it wasn't bad? I published a book, wrote a short story, tried to keep up with editing and failed, and planned January to be an EPIC month.


I published my darling collection of Christmas stories! Behold turned out to be such a cute, lovely little book. (Lovely on the outside anyway. I guess y'all will have to be the judges of the inside.) But yup, it's out in the frightening world of Amazon, in paperback and Kindle.

Other progress in the writing world would be the cutesy little Christmas story I finished (after starting in '15 or '16...), edited, and shared on the blog this month. A Carnathan Christmas is a prequel to War Tears, the epic novel y'all have heard me talk, cry, whine, and ramble about for like years. Which I'll hopefully have a major update on by the end of January...so stick around, kay? There will probably be more tears.



|| Blogging. ||

// favorite posts

A Small Dream ~ Important Nothings

it's just part of the story ~ Twilight to Dawn

I See You Growing ~ Dancing in the Rain


// my posts








One ~ Two ~ Three ~ Four ~ Five ~ Six ~ Seven ~ Eight ~ Nine ~ Ten ~ Eleven ~ Twelve



|| Goals. ||

// December Goals 

>> Read 15 books.     YESS.

>> Publish Behold.     *nods*

>> Host 12 Days of Christmas blog party.    Ahaha, yes.

>> Edit pt.2 of War Tears.    ...no??


// January Goals

>> Read 12+ books. (Yes, I'm crazy.)

>> Finish editing War Tears. (Even if it kills me.)

>> Post weekly on each blog. (Quality posts, at that.)

>> Re-vamp both blogs. (More on this coming soon!)



How was your Christmas? Did you read any adorable Christmas reads? What was the randomest thing that happened to you this month? If you tell me you've also been locked in a DQ hallway, I'll probably laugh until I choke... 
~Faith

24 comments:

  1. LOVE that first header picture in this post - so beautiful!
    And I loved this recap! Your new book is so pretty *heart eyes*. I hope 2019 is filled with wonderful things for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! After the snow, Main Street was just too pretty and perfect not to get a pic...even though I had to stand in a bench to get a good shot. ;)
      Thank you so much, Raechel! <3

      Delete
  2. I love this post!
    I really wish I'd get snow around where I live. (that sticks around a few days.)
    Somehow getting locked in the restrooms sounds fun?! I really hope to order Behold in paperback soon but don't know when I'll be able to! In all it sounds like you had a busy month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's unfortunate! We got snow on the 8th and still had some in shady patches last week... xD
      Haha, it was fun! I hope you get to, Kaylee! Happy New Year :D

      Delete
  3. Fun post! Loved reading abt ur month! And I had to smile while reading about your predicament in DQ! At least your DQ is still open, ours closes for winter... who says you can't eat ice cream in the winter?!
    Hope you are having a good January! I still can't believe it's 2019!
    -Brooklyne
    P.s Thanks again for hosting the readathon! It was a blast! Especially with all that fun confetti flying around! *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so fabulous. xD Whaaa?! That's sad! This actually wasn't the DQ closest to us (it closed for good! *tears*), but yup, they're open year round.
      Me either! Happy New Year! <3

      Haha, agreed. Looking forward to next time! ;D

      Delete
  4. Ohh, snowed in sounds awesome!! =D We haven't gotten snow here in quite awhile. ;)
    Way to go on publishing your book! I hope to read it soon. I look foreward to seeing what you do with the blogs! I'm working on some improvments to my blog as well.
    My Christmas was amazing. My family got to have a day where all of us were home (That's rare these days). It was awesome. I didn't actually read many Christmas books this year. I've been trying to get the last of my kindle unlimited books before my subcription runs out. =)
    Happy 2019, Faith! I hope this year is amazing for you!
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! Hehe... ;)
      I hope you get to read it, Mikayla! Best wishes with your blog changes! <3
      Aww, that sounds super special! ^_^ Our Christmas was quite fabulous as well.
      Happy 2019, dear! Blessings to you! <3

      Delete
  5. You sure did a lot of positive things in December. Glad you had your book published. I read quite a few Christmas books. Christmas At Cornin by Tamera Alexander, Jane Austen's Christmas by Carlo De Vito Twelve Clues of Christmas By Rhys Bowen, Christmas At Provence by Mary Jane Deeb among others.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn! Sounds like a lot of great reads. I'm currently reading my first Tamera Alexander book. Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  6. Faith thank you for this interesting post. Wow you sure had a lot of snow. I read a lot of Christmas books. The Twelve Days of Christmas by Michelle Griepe,Home For Christmas by Holly Chamberlain,Enchanted A Christmas Collection by Melissa Tagg among others. Wishing you and yours a blessed and happy 2019.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Marion! Enchanted has such a lovely cover—one that I'm hoping to read soon. :D

      Delete
  7. I love that first picture! It looks like it could be from a Hallmark movies. :)
    That’s so fun that you got snow!! I’m hoping for snow this month since we barely got any last month… ;)
    *laughs* Oh goodness, your DQ story is hilarious! :D
    Yes, all the Christmasyness in December was lovely! Okay, just curious,…how did you get that first picture of your outdoor Christmas lights? ;)
    Yay for lots of reading and for publishing “Behold”!!
    Thanks for sharing “A Carnathan Christmas” with us!
    Lovely recap post, Faith! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally could be! :D I stood on a snowy bench to take it and thankfully didn't die... xD
      Aw, I hope we both get snow this month!
      Bahaha, it was awesome. :P
      *scrolls up* Oh, I took the first picture while I was on the carport roof hanging lights. ;) Then that strip of roof between there and the chimney just covers the walkway to the house, and then beyond that is the actual roof. :)
      <3 <33
      I'm so glad you enjoyed! Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  8. Snowed here in middle of North Carolina at the final week of my semester, early december. So fun when me and my sis went out, got coffee, and took way too many snow pics. I got to talk to my Princess, which was nice. Having my brother back has been awesome. I got depressed, but it was ok, to be honest. MOST IMPORTENTALY, I ended one of the best years I have had emotionally, as Maniac Depression was not as hard as it has been in years past. In the year as a whole, there were victories and emotional times. And I turned 21 ( Now I can buy beer!) . Already 2019 has started in excitement, as in a few days my classes will FINALLY start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is so fabulous. :D Sounds like you've had quite the year. Hope you have a good 2019!

      Delete
  9. It sounds like you had a awesome year last year, Faith. :) . I hope this year has started out well for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover of Behold is sooo pretty! Congratulations on publishing it! Read-a-Thons are also the best, especially with friends! I've done a couple and it feels so good to get all that reading done in just one day.
    Happy 2019!

    ~Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lydia! Yessss, it's so awesome. :D

      Happy New Year! <3

      Delete
  11. Great list. Congratulations on publishing your book. I read "A Dickens Christmas 12 Days Of Christmas' by Michelle Griep,"Enchanted Christmas" A Novella and "Mrs.Miracle" by Debbie Macomber.
    HAPPY,Blessed 2019
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this! I'm in awe of how much you read 😄 My Christmas was good!

    ReplyDelete