Friday, December 21, 2018

12 Days of Christmas // Movie Recs



Can you believe it's only FOUR days until Christmas?! I'm honestly a bit surprised to realize that... xD Wasn't it summertime, like, last week? Apparently not.

Today I have some movie recommendations for y'all! These aren't necessarily my favorites (though two of them are) or ones I watch every year, but they are good ones. ;)




The Christmas Note {2015}


Having just moved back to her hometown without her serviceman husband but with her young son, Gretchen Daniels finds her life in disarray as Christmas approaches. But she discovers new purpose when she helps to deliver a message to her neighbor, Melissa, which makes her an ally in the quest to find the neighbor's sibling she never knew she had. The women become bonded not only by the search, but by the understanding that being there for each other means they're no longer alone. This friendship becomes the greatest Christmas gift of their lives.


I watched this movie after seeing a friend's review last year, and I ended up really enjoying the mystery aspect!


Last Ounce of Courage {2012}


Last Ounce of Courage is the story of an American hero standing up for his beliefs in a time of cynicism and fear. Inspired by his grandson, a grieving father and courageous youth will rally their community to conserve the freedoms we the people hold dear. Bob Revere is a small town Mayor and combat decorated veteran. He faces a root of bitterness from his past filled with heartbreaking loss. His grandson comes back into his life after many years to ask the most important question, What are we doing with our life to make a difference? Bob had grown apathetic along with an entire town. Now with the help of children, a group of people all band together to inspire hope, take back the freedoms that are being lost and take a stand for truth.


Oh my, this movie... Although it's not listed/marked/mentioned to be a Christmas movie, it most definitely is. It's also a story of family, love, freedom, America, sacrifice, justice, second chances, and standing up for what's right. If you can watch it without tearing up... well, don't tell me. xD





Home for Christmas Day {2017}


When a young woman falls in love and develops a long-distance relationship with a soldier in active duty, her protective mother tries her best to steer her daughter away from heartache. Little do they know they are about to learn important lessons of the heart and that taking chances can make this Christmas one they will cherish forever.


I actually watched this movie last year and...didn't care for it that much? It was good, but not one I particularly liked. But then I watched it again this year and enjoyed it so much more! (Any Hearties out there? Doug is in this one...)







The Bridge {2015 & 2016}


The profound friendship Molly and Ryan form during college becomes a defining moment in their lives. But when a misunderstanding tears them apart, only a tragedy at their favorite bookshop can reunite them. Will they open their hearts to second chances---for the store, its owners, and themselves?


Technically two movies (although, if you can stop and not immediately binge the second one...you have epic self-control), The Bridge is a fabulous tale. Not only is the love story PRECIOUS, the whole save-the-bookstore storyline is epic. The book (which I reviewed yesterday!) is darling as well.








// today's schedule

Literatura || My Birthday & Christmas

Read Another Page || Hartly Manor

The Peculiar Messenger || Rejoice

Lit Aflame || Mini Book Reviews // Christmas Books and Recommendations

RebekahAshleigh || Favorite Christmas Books video

Inside Out Designs || 20 Christmas Plot Starters

Rebekah's Reading Room || A Carol in Her Heart (part 2)

Hands Made to Love || Christmas in Sweden

Life of Heritage || Christmas Story (part 5)

Resting Life || Every Night Holy // O Holy Night // Goodness

Chosen Vessels || Kind



Favorite Christmas movie? Saw any of these? 
~Faith

16 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of these, but will definitely need to try them when it's my turn to pick out the movie for movie night! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, do!! They're all super good and family friendly. :)

      Delete
  2. I love The Christmas Note! I didn't end up showing it to the younger ones, but I thought it was pretty neat! Gotta check out that 2nd rec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather good! ;) OH MY GOODNESS YES. I was thinking about you when I added LOOC. :D

      Delete
  3. I was so excited to see this post! ;)
    I’m so happy that you enjoyed The Christmas Note.
    I’ve never seen The Last Ounce of Courage, but some of my family has.
    I’m hoping to watch Home for Christmas Day tomorrow! I’ve never seen it before. =)
    Yes, The Bridge is a good one!
    4 days until Christmas!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :D
      Yes, watch HfCD! That one was pretty sweet. ;)
      I KNOW!

      Delete
  4. LAST OUNCE OF COURAGE OHMEGOODNESSSSSSS MY HEART <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving these posts! <3 Thank you for doing this, Faith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm so glad! Thanks for faithfully reading :D

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen any of these but I need to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Post Faith! Never heard of those movies sounds interesting.😁

    ReplyDelete