Friday, May 10, 2019

Pathetic Jokes + Failed Camp || April Recap


Good news!

I'm not dead. You were expecting better news than that, weren't you? Not only am I finally arriving with this post, but I'm here to announce some super exciting things. So stick around, eh? :D



|| Work Schedule 

• A major happening of the month was the official opening of the general store where I work. Today marks 30 days of being open for business, and our grand opening is in two weeks!

• Similar to last month, I took approximately 59,742,658 tired selfies. Which makes sense, since I'm always tired and chugging coffee. Faith needs to admit she isn't invincible. Faith is stubborn. Faith doesn't learn lessons easily.

Note the pile of clothes in the floor, the unmade bed, and the stack of textbooks...

• I usually work the morning shift (6:45 to 4:00, or there abouts), which means earrlllyyy mornings. Well, early for the night owl that—in a perfect world—would go to bed at 2:00am. and get up at 10:00. 

Note the time at which I was setting alarms... xD 


|| Randomness

• The little bro was telling jokes that he didn't know the punch line to... 

Bro: Hey sis. What did the farmer do when his tractor got stolen?
Me: uhhh...track it?
Bro: I don't know, maybe.
Me: Wait, you don't know?!

• Our church youth group produced an Easter skit, which meant many nights of practice. Plenty of soda/cookie breaks. And some corny tag-line puns finding their way to the white board.



• Some precious friends (a fellow family in ministry) visited for a few days. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures because I was in the midst of swapping phones while they were here so I took, like, zero. But hanging out with them was so nice. <3

• I created a group text chat between myself and the other three members of my immediate family. With everyone going in different directions, it seemed like a good idea to keep up with everyone. Right? Not exactly. Day One, it resulted in Mom and Tucker talking about random things and exploding my phone while I was at work, and Dad jokingly asking to be removed from the chat AND from the family.

Regardless, #PottsFamSpam is thriving. (Yes, I'm very proud of the name.)



|| Reading

Since I only read TWO books this month, I'm not going to bother with best/worst book sections. xD I hardly have time for reading these days, although I should be able to fit some more in now that I'm finished with school sh'tuff and getting into the rhythm of working full-time.

I did buy a few books this month though, so that was fun! Between an Amazon preorder that arrived (Sweet on You by Becky Wade), an on-a-whim buy from the library's sale shelf (Behold the Man by Bodie Thoene), and a book I bought when an online friend was getting rid of some books (Shaken by Kariss Lynch), I came out with a nice little threesome. :D

Total Reads: 2





|| Update

A quick update...about an update. A major announcement is coming to the blog TOMORROW about my upcoming release! 

The secret has been out among my newsletter subscribers since the beginning of the month, and if you're an avid Goodreads-er, you've probably already figured out the gist of it. But either way, there's more to be known. So check back tomorrow! 

I'm soooo excited to talk to y'all about this. *literally bouncing*


|| Camp NaNo

So, um, I kinda failed Camp? But I'm kinda okay with that? The beginning of the month was slightly crazy while I came home every evening to work on assignments, schedule blog posts, reply to emails, and write until I literally fell asleep at the desk. Just wasn't working out.

But, ya know, it's okay. I don't have time to speed-write The Project right now—as much as I would like to—because I'm working through some edits and my writing time is already limited. But I'm plugging away, and it'll happen when it happens.

I don't know exactly what I wrote as far as word counts go, but it was less than my lowered goal of 10k, sooo... *wince* But see... I'd said that I would talk about the project in this post, adding the little clause of "if" I completed/almost completed it. Which I didn't do.

But, I'm unveiling it anyway. Because y'all deserve better than being lied to. And I need to share my baby to the world. So read on for that.


|| Chasing a Dream

Sooo...here it is. Chasing a Dream. My precious, precious baby. This little darling that's got a large chunk of my heart wrapped around it's finger.

It's rodeos and cowboy boots. Horses and dirty pickups. Bonfires and American flags. Injuries and phone calls home. Windblown hair and shy smiles. Finding yourself and chasing your dreams and falling in love.

*happy sigh*

Oh, and speaking of secrets... Other than being kept under wraps altogether for a time, this book has a special secret. It's related to another book I've already written and published. Yup, the main guy of the story is Drew, Ryder's older brother, from Dandelion Dust. Drew-fans, you're finally going to get your story! Chasing a Dream is set 4-5 years before DD, offering lots of backstory on the Traven family as well as some lovely Drew-secrets.

Ahh, I'd love to sit here all day and chat, but regardless, I have #thingstodo. So just because y'all are amazing, I'm going to leave y'all with the far-from-final synopsis, a inspiration collage, and not one but THREE snippets. Feel special, darling people. <3


All he had ever known faded into the rearview as Drew Traven drove away from the family ranch to follow his dream of being in competitive rodeos. He had plans—plans that involved riding bulls for a season and no longer. Then he’d return to the land where he was raised and settle down. Ranching was his heritage, his future. 

But first he had a dream to chase. 

He didn’t scheme to get chosen to travel with the cooperation. He didn’t plan to extend his contract. And he certainly didn’t intend to fall for the judge’s blue-eyed, barrel-racing daughter. 

His dreams took him farther than he’d planned to go. But just how long can you chase a dream before you get bucked off?


|| Snippet

I lift my sin-stained heart with dirt-stained hands. Holding my all up to the God of Heaven, with Whom no stain remains. 
“It is well… Whatever you want, God. I’ll follow You. I’ll chase You first.” 
 *
"That boy's in love with you, Leah. You can see it in his eyes.”
“I know.”
The gate flies open. The crowd cheers when the buzzer rings before he's bucked. 
“He's set on leaving when the season ends.”
Tears prick the back of my eyes as Drew flashes a smile my way from the arena floor. “I know.” 
“You may never see him again, honey.” 
“I know…”
 *
“Ah, c’mon, Lee. You know you won’t sleep easy until you check on your guy.” 
“He’s not my guy, honeybunch.” 
“Whatever. Just shoot him a text and be done with it.” 
I glance down at my phone, tuning out my well-intended roomie. Call or text? Obviously, calling Drew would be the logical adult choice. I pace from the window to the couch and back again, phone in hand. “So… call or text?”
“Oh, yes, call!” This child is literally bouncing up and down on the futon, hands clutching her heart like some starstruck moron. “Maybe he won’t answer and you can leave a msg. Just like Austin!” 
My heart skips a beat. “Austin?” The rodeo was in Austin the night Drew nearly got himself killed… 
“You know, the Shelton song. Girl calls guy and leaves a message on his machine?” Willow shakes her head. “Whatever. You’re not even listening. Just call the dude already.” 




|| Favorite Posts

Belrose Cottage >> Nor No Man Ever Loved

One Name >> Let Me See Your Glory

Lit Aflame || 7 UNSTOPPABLE Ways to Portray God’s Greatness in Your Novel

Chautona Having >> When a Christian Doesn't Look Like One


|| My Posts





|| April Goals 

• Write a book.       *shakes head at overly-optimistic past self*

• Blog 4 times.           *coughing*

• Read 3 books.          *louder coughing*

• Announce 3 super awesome writerly things.     Two out of three isn't bad.

• Don't die.      *insert picture of Faith passed out in the floor*


|| May Goals

• Write something.

• Get Freedom ready to go to my editor.

• Blog weekly.

• Read 3 books.

• Resume staying alive.


how was your april? did you do camp? ready for SUMMER?!

13 comments:

  1. Great post!
    Did you really take approximately 59,742,658 selfies? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sophie!
      Figuratively, yes. Literally, no. xD

      Delete
  2. GET FREEDOM READY FOR EDITOR!!!!!!!!! *cue screaming as I try to focus*

    Soo excited for Chasing Dreams, Faith. You did epic. =D

    I'm praying for y'all and yeahh, try to get someee sleep. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNNOOOOWWW!!!! *is always screaming rn*

      Thanks so much, hon! hehe, I'll try. :P

      Delete
  3. YAY!!! You're back and still alive!!!! I'm not sure which ones better...but YAY again!!!

    Wow. Your month sounds crazy! >.< Same!! I have two part time jobs, and they're kicking me to the ground...I don't know how you're managing a full time one!! You must be super girl.

    59,742,658 selfies? Wow. Now I am *thoroughly* convinced you are super girl!!

    *Screaming* YOUR BOOK SOUNDS A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! ! ! ! ! Yeepppssss...

    Ahh...I wisely did not set any goals for April for myself because I knew I'd struggle after I started working. I was right. xD But I did set goals for this month. We'll see how that goes...

    Good luck on YOUR goals!! I hope you can reach them!!!

    Here's some coffee for making it to the end of the month alive!! ^^

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaa, I'm not sure either some days. xD

      EEEkk, I feel your craziness, m'dear. I'm trying to do this whole writing/blog/authoring thing and some sporadic pet-sitting jobs on the side too. LOL - super girl or super crazy? *wink*

      THANK YOOOUUUU. <33

      Yayyy! Best wishes on your goals! You got this :D

      *chugs coffee and smiles appreciatively*

      Delete
  4. It’s so exciting that the store has opened! I hope you continue enjoy it and get adjusted to your new schedule. Wow, 6:45 to 4:00 is a long day!
    Oh, you did an Easter skit? How fun!
    Hehe, the group text between you and your family members definitely sounds interesting! ;D
    I loved the snippets! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it quite nicely! Haha, yeah :P
      It was neat!
      LOL - it's slightly crazy sometimes xD
      Thanks, dear! <33

      Delete
  5. Awesome April Recap!
    Also, I feel your pain when it comes to early mornings! But keep going, YOU CAN DO THIS!
    And, to make you feel better, you read more books than I did this last month, so *high fives*
    And, girl... Chasing A Dream sounds AMAZING! Like, I need this book! Please and thank you! (No rush, but really, I can't wait!)
    The snippets: *inserts me jumping up and down,barely containing my squeals* that last snippet! I love Austin! Such a great song!!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed, Brooklyne!
      Ahhh, I'm so not a morning person... B U T... I'm surviving. ;)
      *grins and high fives*
      SQUEEE I'm so hyped about this one!! <3 <33
      Me toooooo!! *hearts and starry eyes*

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, how can you write such hilarious, amazing stuff...?? I hope you keep these wrap-ups up because they’re a highlight of my month.

    ~Katja L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I didn't know I did, but I appreciate that. xD Awww, that's so nice to hear. I'd actually considered discontinuing them, sooo...yep, appreciate that. <3

      Delete