Thursday, October 8, 2020

We'll Keep On...

 

 

We'll keep on reading our Bibles, even when we feel dead to God's Word.  

 

We'll keep on crying out to God, even when He feels deaf to us. 


We'll keep on gathering with God's people, even when they don't understand what we're going through. 


We'll keep on serving others, even while we carry our sorrow wherever we go. 


And we'll keep on sowing the seeds of truth and grace into our barren souls, waiting for the day when God takes us home. 


- Scott Hubbard 



We'll keep on... even when... 

Fill those spaces with whatever you're struggling with this week. And keep on, even when it hurts. Love when you don't receive anything in return. Trust that something bigger than any of us is at work here. Live and worship like there is no tomorrow. 



I usually have a song to connect to something that's been heavy on my heart as this has, but I didn't have anything when I started working on this post the other day. Then I heard this song on my drive to school... and it fit. Heavy, so heavy, but hopeful even still. 


keep on fighting the good fight, lovelies <3

20 comments:

  1. I’m a #migrainewarrior I’ll never stop fighting. Even in the pain. Even in the hurt. Even when I want to take off my head. I’ll keep fighting.
    ♥️♥️♥️

    Love this post Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needed this post/reminder today. Thx u. Praying for you, message anytime. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find that quote by Scott Hubbard? Because I am pretty sure I know him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? I came across it on Pinterest, I'll put the link here if I can find it.

      Delete
    2. The link the pin leads to is a Tumblr act named "Worship Blog." Here's the link directly to the pin: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/127015651976290596/

      Delete
    3. I did a little research to find the original source, which I think was Desiring God (Are you familiar with that ministry?). We were in the same school together. He was in the seminary and I was in the college. ;)

      Delete
    4. I've heard of it, yes. That's so cool!

      Delete
  4. Hi faith. I ain't been on blogger for like a year but i'm back, but now to my thoughts about this post. I have been there, and am currently going through the poem you posted, and will probably be for awhile. I didn't thin abut the part of love being when you don't get anything in return. I know this is me trying not to be personal but even though love is being that, it tears at someone when they give so much love to people and don't get much in return and no matter how much they show they care to others, they still are very much alone. I'm sorry for pouring out all this that was on my mind especially since it's been 1 year or so since i've been on me but it's hard not to. Awesome and very much relatable post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. But is it really love if we’re expecting something in return? :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Faith, thanks so much for sharing this! It's perfect timing for me to read it today <3

    ReplyDelete