Sunday, February 14, 2021

When Calls the Heart '21 || Underrated Characters



Happy Valentines Day, lovely humans! And welcome back to the final day of the party. It's been fun and a nice way to unwind at the close of a long week...whilst contemplate other people's lives... xD 

So today I'm going to talk about characters that are, in my option, underrated. I'm choosing one from each season. These are characters who a lot of others (fellow characters and viewers alike) didn't really like, and/or characters who didn't get much screentime, whose stories were never finished, who I would have liked to see more of... you get the picture. 


|| Underrated Characters from Each Season


• Season One - Wyatt Weaver • 

Anyone else remember him? The smart kid who walked his brothers to school and then went to work in the coal mine? He's only credited in two episodes of season 1 and one episode of season 2. I wish he would've been a recurring character. Plus Wyatt and Gem's relationship, like?! 


• Season Two - Luke McCoy • 

Ahh, yes, the fellow who's just moved to town and seen hanging around the mercantile discussing rolling pins with Clara. I thought they were really cute together and we don't even see him again after she goes out with him like once (he's credited in two episodes). I'm a fan of her with Jesse, but... what happened to Luke?!


• Season Three - Edith & Roy Sampson • 

The estranged couple (with a baby) that were reconciled with a little help from Jack. There story was, technically, not left hanging, but do we ever find out what happened to them after the silver mine closed and the flood? Not that I remember. And, c'mon, they're cute. 


• Season Four - Shane & Phillip Cantrell • 

Again, they're cute. Phillip appears in 13 episodes and is often seen only as one of the school children. His father, Shane, appears in only 5 episodes and at some point is "away for work." Like...who's raising his son while he's gallivanting off to goodness knows where? Shane and Nurse Faith Carter were briefly/almost an item and that was never finished either. After Phillip left for eye surgery in the city, they're never heard from again! 


• Season Five - Sofia Connelly • 

Anyone remember the architect friend of Rosemary's who had a thing with Carson briefly in season 5? Yeah, me too. And I actually really liked seeing their whirlwind romance. While I understand why it couldn't have worked long time without Carson leaving the show, I would like to see a reappearance of her character. 


• Season Six - Mike Hickam • 

I was struggling to find someone for this season, so I decided to throw in this guy that could really have been listed on any season. Yes, Hickam. The actor's IMDb page credits him for 43 episodes of WCTH, yet what do we really know about him? He works for Lee and will do anything Rosemary asks him. Beyond that? #MoreHickamPlotsPlease


• Season Seven - Fiona Miller • 

Not necessarily an underrated character... but a really fun one that I haven't got to talk about much. And I can't think of anyone else I want to talk about for season 7. xD  She arrived with the telephone in Hope Valley and has been a fun part of the show ever since. Looking forward to seeing her story continue in season 8! 



*Images and collages are not mine. 

And the giveaway winners are... Abby Elissa (first place) and Sawyer (second place)! Congratulations, lovelies, we'll be in touch! <3 


who's your favorite underrated character? 

12 comments:

  1. This has been so much fun, Faith! :)
    Great post! Wow, I had actually forgotten about some of these… I liked the story of Shane and Phillip. Plus Phillip was such an adorable kid!
    Yeah, Hickam...he’s been around forever, but we don’t actually know him…
    I’m still sad about the whole Julie and Tom storyline too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been fun for me too! <3
      ikr?! I had to really dig for a few of these. And finding pictures was almost impossible, thus the mediocre ones we got stuck with. xP Me too!
      He's always just... there ;P
      Yes, same! I considered including that, but I feel like I've talked about them a lot here in the past, so I skipped this time. xD

      Delete
  2. I think I better watch this series before I can decide which character is my favorite! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! There's been some ups and downs, but overall, it's a good one :)

      Delete
  3. 100% agree!
    I can’t believe it! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had kinda forgot about some of these people! I do miss Wyatt, and Philip...and I love Fiona!!! And yes #MoreHickamPlotsPlease!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really liked Wyatt's character. Fiona is amazing!

      Delete
  5. Great post! Yes, more of some of these characters would have been nice to see.

    I like Fiona! XD

    ReplyDelete