Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my "things I'm thankful for" list every year. It's hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2015 and am thankful for.
- Malachi (yes, I'm referring to the book of the Bible) ~ ~ I read this recently and loved it! It's now one of my favorite Old Testament books. :) We can never be thankful enough for God's Holy Word.
- Another Homecoming, by Jannette Oke ~ ~ Another Homecoming was the first book I'd read by this well-known author, though I'd quickly fallen in love with the Love Comes Softly movies. I can definitely say this book is a favorite! I'm thankful for this book because now I have a new author to look for more good books by. :)
- The Battle Plan of Prayer, by Stephen and Alex Kendrick ~ ~ I recently requested this book as a read & review from the publisher. Already it has helped me so much and I'm thankful. (There will be a full review posted on Chosen Vessels after I've finished reading this book.)
- A Memory Between Us, by Sarah Sundin ~ ~ I'm so very thankful that I found this book. Not only is it an amazing book from a wonderful set, but I've found (yet another) new favorite author. :)
- Avery's Battlefield & Avery's Crossroad, by Deanna K. Klingel ~ ~ (I know, I know. That's two books and not just one, but how could I leave either one of them out?) I love these two books so much. I go on and on about it all day, but I won't. ;) My mom got these for my brother several years ago but he doesn't really enjoy reading. I read them...and loved them! They're so, so good. They're actually books for boys, I guess, but I really liked them and now they've taken up residence on my bookshelf. ;D
What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?