Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Beautiful People ~ June

Hey all! :D 

This is my first time linking-up with the fun Beautiful People gigamo (totally a word. I'm blowing autocorrect's mind.) after seeing it on several blogs for...quite some time. It's a whole lot of fun and I hope to participate more in the future. :-) 

This month's question selection is all childhood themed and I chose a character from War Tears, David Caranathan, for this round. ;) David is a fun character who puts up with a lot (from me) and endures a lot (from me and fellow characters).  And is nearly killed countless times by yours truly but that's okay he can take it. 




What is their first childhood memory?
When he and his parents moved to the farm where he grew up (David was 4 or 5 at the time). They had lived in town up until that point. 


What were their best and worst childhood experiences?
Best... Learning to fly with his uncle and/or getting to fly with a stunt-pilot that came through the area when David was eight or nine. 

Worst... (See next question.) 


What’s something that scared them as child?
Losing a sibling. I know, that's a little more extreme than you were expecting, but it's for real. When David was seven, his sister Erin (younger by two years) nearly drowned in a pond near their home. Just a few years later, their younger brother Michael (younger than David by nine years) almost died of an illness. Losing anyone he cares about is David's biggest fear. 


Who did they look up to most?
David looked/looks up to his Dad mostly. :) 


Favorite and least favorite childhood foods?
Favorite... His mother, Lydia's, raspberry tarts. A treat! 
Least favorite... David grew up on a farm during the Great Depression. They didn't complain about eating anything. But he didn't care for most root vegetables -- beets, radishes, turnips, carrots. ;) 


If they had their childhood again, would they change anything?
Hm...I don't think so. David had a good childhood for the most part. They faces hardships, but they overcame them. :) 


What was their childhood home like?
A antique, two-story, whitewashed farm house. Think, The Waltons. ;) The old, red barn sits off to the side, and the smokehouse, woodshed, garden, and well house are scattered around as well. :) 


What kind of child were they? Curious? Wild? Quiet? Devious?
Quiet, but curious. Not wild or devious, but quite the tease. As a child, David is a bookworm that's content off to the side, but also can handle being the center of attention if need be. 


What was their relationship to their parents and siblings like?
Great. :) David and Erin fought a lot -- usually because David was trying to keep her out of trouble -- but they could sort their differences out quickly (with or without parental involvement/interference). 


What did they want to be when they grew up, and what did they actually become?
At the age of 8 he wanted to be a stunt-pilot that traveled with the circus... But in reality, he became an auto-mechanic who, upon the U.S.'s entry into WWII, joined the Army Air Corps. 

*~*~*~

Hope you enjoyed!! :D 

We have VBS at church this week, so I don't know how much I'll be around the blogosphere. I do have a couple of posts planned though, if I can just find time to get them up. :P 

~Faith

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this was so much fun to read!! You know I'm always DYING to know more about David... ;) And yes, he has to put up with a lot from you. As does everyone who reads your story and has their heart breaking for poor David. But. All that to say. I enjoyed reading about his past! You need to so a post like this for all your characters. ;)

    I'm thinking I should totally do this for Gil! It would be so much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of thought you would enjoy this... ;) But it's supposed to be that way, right? I mean, I'd rather torment him then have him torment me...though it often goes both ways. :P I'm glad you enjoyed it, Jesseca! The Beautiful People link-up is a lot of fun, so I'll probably be participating much, much more. ^_^

      That would be fun!!! (Hard to read maybe...but fun. *brave smile, no tears* B-)) You really should though. There's a couple more days for you to get in on the June edition of the link-up. :)

      Delete
  2. Can you do it without being tagged or anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can! Here's the link: http://paperfury.com/beautiful-people-18/

      Delete
  3. This is such a great blog link up idea! I enjoyed learning about David!!
    Have fun with VBS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?? I'm so glad, Lauren! :D Thanks -- commencement is tonight and it's been a great week. :)

      Delete
  4. I had a lot of fun reading this and learning about David Caranathan! :) This post has made me even more excited (if that's even possible) to read "War Tears"!!! :D
    I hope that Camp NaNo goes well for you, Faith! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Rebekah! :D Aww, you're so sweet. ^_^ I hope War Tears lives up to your expectations and, I assure you, you'll be one of the first to hear when it's finished. :)
      Thanks! I'm super excited! :D

      Delete