Sunday, December 18, 2016

12 Days of Christmas // Cookie Recipe + Story Links

A wonderful Sunday morning, everyone! I'm writing this in a bit of a hurry, so let's skip the elaborate intro, kay? 



Today I have a cookie recipe for y'all! We call these cookies "boiled cookies", but I've also heard them called "no-bake", "oatmeal", and "chocolate peanut butter". And really? They fall into all those...categories. XD 

Let's get started! 

1) Add 2 sticks of butter to a medium sized pot and melt over low heat. Pour in one cup of milk, 8 tablespoons of cocoa, and 4 cups of sugar. 


2) Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil and let it boil for 2 minutes. (Very important here... If you don't boil it long enough, the cookies won't set up right. ;)) 


3) After the two minutes are up, remove the pot from the heat and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 cup of peanut butter, and 5 cups of oats. (Either rolled oats or quick-fix-oatmeal, will work :)) 



4) Stir until completely mixed. Now comes the fun part...and the part you need to do rather quickly. ;) 


5) Using a teaspoon (I guess that's the one I use? Whatever the medium-sized spoon in a ordinary silverware set is *nod nod*), dip out the chocolate-oatmeal mixture and drop it onto wax paper in cookie-sized splotches. 



(No. Just no. I am definitely not licking the spoon. Noopppeee.) 



Ta da!! Sooo yummy!! :)

The measurements I gave you here, are actually double the recipe, because that's how I usually make them. So it could be halfed, if that's your preference. :) 

Makes approximately 45 cookies. 



And now...a story! I actually posted this story last year during 12DoC, but if you would weren't a dear reader of mine then, this is for you. Or maybe you would just like to read it again? Either way, here's the links. :) 




Other stops on the linkup... 


Only a week until Christmas, y'all! O.O
~Faith

20 comments:

  1. Haha! Love it! We actually have a similar recipe (no peanut butter) that we call cow patties. It is always fun to offer them to our guests.
    *smiles sweetly* "Would you like some Cow Patties?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? I can't imagine them without peanut butter... XD Haha, that is so funny!! If it were me, I would answer with a polite "no thanks". :P

      Delete
    2. Mmm... They're technically called oatmeal walnut fudge :)

      Delete
    3. Ahh gotcha. XD So there's nuts in yours.

      Delete
  2. Hey Faith!
    Here's my post for today!!! (the '7 days till Christmas was for the 17th, sorry for it being last minute and stuff. Pretty confusing, my apologies.)
    https://thepeculiarmessenger.wordpress.com/2016/12/18/12-days-of-christmas-christmas-songs/
    Those cookies look DELICIOUS. AHHH. We've been making a ton of fudge, lol. And tomorrow is a karate dinner party so we're gonna make gingerbread men, I guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angela!
      (Yes, I realize that I'm linking to you a day late. That's because I had already posted by the time I got your link yesterday. If you could email me through the contact form at the bottom of this page, I'll send you all the details like that for the linkup :))

      Cookies! Fudge! Gingerbread men!! ALL THR CHRISTMAS GOODIES!! :D

      Delete
    2. LOL yeah. ;) Seriously, these cookies look good.... might have to try them, too!

      Delete
    3. Ooo, you should! Let me know how they turn out if you do... ;)

      Delete
  3. These cookies are my VERY FAVORITE. I literally JUST made them yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, MINE TOO. Haha, that's so cool. XD I've ALWAYS loved these. :P

      Delete
  4. YUM! Looks sooo delicious! Gotta try it sometime. Would it still taste ok without peanut butter though? Some of my brothers are allergic ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are AHHHMAZING!! :D Hmmm, I don't know. I've never tried it without peanut butter, but it's my understanding that that's what helps them set-up. So I don't know how they would turn out without it. XD Seneca said her recipe doesn't include peanut butter, so you might try that. (Her nickname is "C" on the chat, if you wanna ask her about that ;))

      Delete
  5. I've had these cookies before. :) They aren't my favorite cookie, I'm not a big fan of peanut butter type cookies, but they're still good. :) We call them no-bake cookies, but boiled cookies is a fun name! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *thinks we've talked about this before* Hehe, gotcha. I don't usually care for the usual peanut butter cookies, but I like these with the chocolate and oats. :D Hehe, I know right! I'm not sure where we got that name... :P

      Delete
    2. Hehe, yes we have. ;) I was thinking about that as I was leaving that comment. ;)
      Well, you do have to boil the mixture, so maybe that's how? Just a thought. ;)

      Delete
    3. Haha, so I was right. :P
      Yeah, I guess so. Or because you boil instead of bake? Haha, I don't really know. ;)

      Delete
    4. Yes, you were. ;)
      Oh, maybe...so many different reasons. It's a mystery. ;)

      Delete
    5. Our conversations are often...pretty random. :P
      Haha, yeah, quite the mystery! ;)

      Delete
    6. Hehe, yes, they are. Random, but fun! :D

      Delete