Heelllloooo aaalll!!!!! *waves in slow-motion* You thought I'd drop off the edge of the earth into the land where all my characters reside, didn't you? B-) Okay, so maybe y'all really didn't miss me? I mean it has been *cringe* weeks since I've posted here. :) But, the good news is that's about to change! (Read to the end of this post for more on that! (And DON'T SKIP DOWN AND READ IT NOW!!! I'm watching you...) *ahem*
Anyways... Recently Rebekah, from Rebekah's Remarks, did this tag and invited anyone who wanted to answer the questions to do so. I thought it looked like a lot of fun, so here they are! :D
1. A book that kept you up all night.
"A Sister's Secret" by Wanda E. Brunstetter. That's the first book I can remember ever reading under the covers. :) That was probably about five years ago.
2. A book that made you scared to sleep.
Uh...none that I can think of although I'm sure there is one. :)
3. A book that made you go to sleep.
I'm assuming this is referring to how boring the book was? I'd have to go with "Areopagitica" by John Milton. It is sooooo boooorrriiinnngggg!!!!!!! But it was a school requirement, so I read it. :)
(No comments on the fact that it took me over a month to read will be accepted...)
4. A book that left you tossing and turning all night in anticipation of it's release.
Hmm... Well, since most books I read aren't new releases, I can't really answer this question. :) But even if I was waiting for one to release, I'd still be able to sleep. ;-)
5. A book that has your favorite boy/girlfriend relationship.
So, I could give like a zillion answers to this question...and they would all be true. :) But I'll try to narrow it down some...
1) Merry and Jon from "Summerhill Secrets". Best couple EVER!! <3 Although aren't really a couple until the last book they're still great in my opinion. And it may've happened sooner if Ashley Hornton would've stayed out of the way. :( (I should feel for her, I mean she is a fellow PK after all...) :D
2) Anne and Gilbert *smiles* I've only read book-1 (so this is mainly based on the movies...) but they're the bestest. <3 :)
3) Avery and Claire from "Avery's Crossroad". I love them SO much!!! :)
6. A book that would be your worst nightmare to live in.
"The Cat of Bubastes" by G. A. Henty. Being captured by the enemy and hauled off to be a servant? *shudders* Sounds awful... (Which may be why I never finished this book.) ;)
7. A book that reminds you of night time.
"Under His Wings" by Liz TOLSMA. Don't ask why, because I don't really know! :) But when I saw this, that story just popped into my head. It does remind me of night time, but in a good way. Probably because there are several scenes that include walks in the snowy moonlit night. Some good, some bad. That's all I'm saying for now. :)
"Under His Wings" is part of this collection. :)
8. A book that had a nightmarish cliffhanger.
(Almost) every single book I read has a nightmarish cliffhanger!! But, I think this is referring to books that end with a cliffhanger. As in, you have to wait until the next book comes along to find out what happens. ;) That would definitely be "Goodbye to Yesterday" by Wanda E. Brunstetter. Not knowing if Luke was alright and...*sniff, sniff* Yeah, great series.
9. A book you actually dreamed about.
I don't know that I've ever dreamed about 'real' (haha.) books, but I have dreamed about my own stories before. ;)
10. A book monster you wouldn't want to find under your bed.
Um, I can't think of an answer to this one either. Sorry, but no book monsters come to mind. Villains, yes. Oodles of creepy villains. B-)
If anyone would like to answer this tag, either in the comments or on their own blog, please feel free to do so!!
Now... From the news promised. ;) We (me and a few of y'all) are planning a 12 Days of Christmas blog series. That starts this Monday (the 14th). If anyone reading this (and who hadn't already heard about it) would like to participate, please contact me and let me know ASAP. :)
Thank you all so much!! :D