Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Year at a Glance ~ 2015 Wrap-up Post

So here we are and it's....wait, WHAT?!?!? The last day of 2016? No way, Jose! B-) Anyways... I decided to do a wrap-up post of my year, 2015. I got this idea after reading Katie Grace's postHere goes!! 

Writing. 
This was the first FULL year that I've been at this writing 'thing'. I have several books started along with a few short stories and some fan-fiction stuff. ;) (At the rate I'm going they'll all be completed by the time I'm...50?? B-) hahaha.) 
Sometime next year (by that I mean like tomorrow. haha.) you all will be getting to read a short story I'm working on. ;) I think y'all will enjoy it!! (And throw rocks at me for all the cliffhangers....*cough, cough* ) 


I did not enter/complete NaNoWriMo this year. *sad face* I wanted to, but November is chaos for Christmas tree farmers (and Christmas tree farmers daughters...) BUT...I'm planning to hold my own 'NaNo' sometime this coming summer. Probably June or August. Anyone interested in doing it with me? :D I'd love to have ya!!! 


Reading. 
In preparation for this post I pulled out the notebook I use to keep track of what books I'd read (including those I'm currently reading) and...*gasp* Only 34????  I'm going to say 35 because I read another but it's not technically published yet... *wink* 

I read... 
Decent Exposure by Jessica Rey and Leah Darrow 
Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin 
A Dream Not Imagined by Shantelle Mary Hannu 
Thick as Thieves by Susan K. Marlow 
Heartbreak Trail by Susan K. Marlow 
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry 
Another Homecoming by Janette Oke
My Secret War by Mary Pope Osborne 
The Journey by Wanda E. Brunstetter 
A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin 
A Memory Between Us by Sarah Sundin 
The Attacks of September 11, 2001 by Lauren Tarshis 
Dark Storms Rising by Jesseca Wheaton
Gift From the Storm by Rebekah A. Morris
Avery's Battlefield by Deanna K. Klingel 
Avery's Crossroads by Deanna K. Klingel
Tales From the Circle C Ranch by Susan K. Marlow
The Ballad of Lucy Whipple by Karen Cushman 
Currently reading...
Blue Skies Tomorrow by Sarah Sundin 
With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin 
Christmas at Rose Hill Farm by Suzanne Woods Fisher 
The Battle of Prayer by Stephen and Alex Kendrick 
Kinship by Trudy Krisher 

Books of the Bible...
Genesis 
Exodus 
Leviticus
Malachi 
John 

Ebooks that I read... 
While You're Awake by Amber Stokes 
How a Star Falls by Amber Stokes
A Christmas Peril by Diane Moody

Currently reading to review... 
The Battle Plan of Prayer by Stephen and Alex Kendrick 
Twelve Days of Christmas by Michelle Paige Holmes (ebook) 
Danny's Girl by Susan Alyworth (ebook) 


Blogging. 
I started a blog this year!!! *throws bucketfuls of confetti* Actually, two. :) I've had so much fun with this and all you followers have been THE BEST!!! ;) 


Life. 
Groundbreaking(?) things that have happened this year. ;) 

- a new church 
- taking drivers Ed./learning to drive/getting my permit 
- finishing 9th grade and starting 10th
- going camping with friends (and acting positively goofy for an entire week) 
I'll let y'all guess which ones are me and my brother B-) 

- photographing my own Indiana Jones...

- sunsets 

- going on my first mission trip 

- traveling with my family across this beautiful land 

- losing my self to fictional folks and then learning that they die.... 

- discovering lots of great movies. Like "The Shunning", "The Confession", "Seasons of Gray", "Letters to God", "The Christmas Candle" and "Hoovey" to mention a few. 
Are these two ADORABLE or what??? :) 

I mean seriously?!?!?!? :D 


I'll have another post sometime this weekend/next week about my goals for 2016 in writing, reading, bloggin and life in general. :) 

Until then! 
~Faith 

20 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I got my drivers permit this year too! Congrats on you blogs! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Ashley! Do you scare your parents as bad as I do sometimes? B-) LOL.
      Happy New Years! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. So, those pictures are from Hoovey, right? They Do look super cute!
    "Leave me so I can cry over the deaths of Fictional characters" This happens to me all. The. Time. Oh, there are times I want to strangle the author! But they usually redeem themselves in one way or another before the book is finished. ;)
    Those books are all sooo good! I've read most of them, and the ones I haven't still look good. :) I mean, 'With every Letter" and 'Blue Skies Tomorrow"??? Tom and Ray *sniffs* my problem is the're both just amazing!
    Happy new year!! See ya next year! ;)
    Oh, and in the camping picture you're the one on the left and Tucker is the goofy one in the back, right? B-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those pictures are from "Hoovey". You've seriously GOT to see that movie, Jess. It's SO good! Hoovey/Eric and Annie Lynn are so cute! <3 And when he asks her to help open his locker...:) awwwwww!
      Yes,they Usually do redeem themselves. Sarah Sundin did in "A Memory Between Us", but another favorite author of mine did not...*sniff* And then she had this certain dead character show up at my house! Can you believe that?!?!?!? B-)
      All those books are great. :) Tom and Ray ARE amazing, but...well, you know who my favorite is. ;)
      Happy New Years, Jesseca! Haha, your 'see ya next year' made me laugh. We were saying that to people at church last Sunday night. LOL. ;P
      Yep, that's us! :) But, wait? Of course you knew! B-) LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh, what beautiful pictures! Sounds like you've had a great year! A very Happy New Year to you, Faith. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eve! I did, hope you did as well!! :D
      Happy New Years! And thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading the short story you wrote.
    You keep a list of books you read? So do I! : )
    Thanks for sharing some of your highlights from 2015 with us. It looks like you had a great year.
    Happy New Year, Faith!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy it, Rebekah. :)
      I do!! Even before that became "cool" thanks to Goodreads. :D I used to write down the dates that I was reading it, but sometimes I forget. xD
      Yes, hope you did as well!!!
      Thanks for commenting, Rebekah! Happy New Years!

      Delete
  5. I hope this year will be as exciting as last year for you...in a good way. ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Rebekah! xD Happy New Years to you as well.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing all of this, Faith! Looks like you had a great year! :D What's the rules in North Carolina for driving? Like, how old do you have to be before you can start taking lessons? In Canada, it's 16, so this year I get to start driving!! Yippee!!!! :D

    Ooohh, camping!! Love that picture, by the way! I know which one is you, but as for your brother I'm not at all sure. Is he the goofy one by any chance? ;)

    Happy New Year!!!! (3 days late :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blessing! I did. :)
      In North Carolina you have to be fourteen and a half to take the Drivers Ed. class and test. Then after driving for six hours with an instructor and turning fifteen, you can take another test and get your permit. :) You have to have your permit for 365 days (and log fifty hours of daylight driving with your parents and ten hours of dark driving) before you can take a THIRD test, drive with someone from the DMV office, and get your license. :) (Sounds like a nightmare, huh? xD)
      After being able to study the manual for a few months, I took my Drivers Ed. test in May, drove with the instructor in July/August and got my permit in late August. :-) I'm looking forward to getting my license this fall!
      What are the rules for such things in Canada?

      Camping is SO MUCH FUN!! We go several times every summer, and always go the last week of July with the friends pictured above. ;) That picture was actually taken on my 15th birthday!! Yes, Tucker is the goofy one in the back. B-) I'm the gal on the far left in the green shirt and orange shorts.

      Thanks for commenting, Blessing! :D

      Delete
  7. That's a good idea to keep a list of read books...maybe I'll start. I've already read over 1,000 pages since Christmas.... I love to read. :-P Aren't the Grand Tetons great? I only saw them for a day and the tips were in clouds but it was beautiful nonetheless. Did you see Yellowstone while you were in that area? Yes, I frequently want to strangle authors. Current Tolkien. Yes, Tolkien. Why did he have to end Lord of the Rings like that!!?? Wish I could write a different ending for it or another book in the Lord of the Rings series where they reunite. Oh well. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing that (keeping a list) for quite some time. :) It's great to look back on!
      1,000 PAGES??? Lucky!! :P I haven't...but I can't complain, I did read an entire book today... Okay, so it was a short story, but still. ;)
      Yes! Grand Tetons ARE beautiful! And, yes, we saw Yellowstone too. :)
      Ugh. Yes. Authors...*shakes head* It's just tragic sometimes... I can't comment on Tolkien or Lord of the Rings, though, because I haven't read those. ;)
      Oh, you should, Bethany!! :D You could write LotR fan-fiction!!! I'm serious! Or, you should check out the FanFiction site and see what you could find for those books. Just be sure to watch the rating, so that you know what you're reading is clean. :) (Message me if you have any questions on that!)

      Thanks for commenting, Bethany! Happy (late) New Years!!!

      Delete
    2. I already started on an idea . . . I'll have to share it with you eventually! Yellowstone has become among my top favorite National Parks, and I've seen several on my side of the country. We camped at Madison in a tent and it snowed on us when we visited Yellowstone two years ago.

      Have a good evening!

      Delete
    3. Really?? Awesome! I'd love to hear about it! ;)
      Yellowstone probably want my favorite part of the trip. I LOOOVED the Badlands. So amazing!!! I've seen several National Parks as well (living nearly 'on the edge' of one xD).
      Whaaaa? Snow in Yellowstone? No fair!! It was pretty warn when we were there. We were camping in Cody, WY and day-tripped to Yellowstone. It was like 90 degrees in Cody. Yes, cooler in Yellowstone but we were still in shorts. ;)

      You too!!!

      Delete
    4. That is pretty warm. We were actually camping in a tent when it snowed and we got 60 mph gusts too! It was crazy! (And kinda scary!)

      Yes, I'll share it with you but i need to get farther first!

      Delete
    5. Wow! That IS crazy! Quite the adventure too I can imagine. ;)

      Okay! Looking forward to it. :-)

      Delete
  8. Aww, thanks for linking back to my post! *happy feelings*

    Ooh, I saw Hoovey for the first time this year! I saw the pictures on your post and couldn't quite place them before I remembered. That was a good movie.

    And yay for being permit buddies! *high five* Do you know when you're going to take your test?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?!?! I love that movie SO much right now. I guessed I'd fall into the category of fan-girl...? ;) I just got the DVD and I want to watch it again...like right now. Haha.

      *high five back at ya* Um, I don't know. It'll probably be sometime this August-September. That's when it'll have been a year since I got my permit. :)

      Thanks for commenting, Katie Grace! Pretty name, too. ;)

      Delete