Howdy folks! I'm back with my March highlights! :) Lots of random things to share with you all. :)
This past month I did something a little different with my 'monthly highlights' post. Instead of writing this all today (or yesterday), I've been sticking random happenings in a draft post all month long. It's working nicely and instead of having a review of the past week or so, it's actually a review of the entire month. (Because I honestly can't remember what happened at the beginning of March.)
Where we chat about my crazy life
- It's spring. I know it, but worse yet the ants know it. They've came back from wherever they've been all winter (where do ants go for the winter months?) and have officially invaded my life. -_- Ack.
- I followed the Iditarod!! Dallas Seavey won again, folks! A fourth win for him, three years consecutively! :D Following the race with a friend was so much fun!!
- I donned Daddy's straw hat and traipsed off down by the creek with my little brother.
- I tried to sing Gold with a cold. (Hey, it even rhymes!!) It didn't go so well, and I sure don't sound like Britt Nicole. XD
- I watched Dad chase chickens out of the boat shed with a paddle... 'Twas very funny. B-)
- We celebrated Tucker, my little brother's, birthday. :)
- I hid in Tucker's hideout by the creek with Bullet, one of our yellow labs. ;)
- sitting at the bar (not like bar bar. Goodness people, we are PKs.) with Tucker, discussing books and eating blueberry donuts. "Writers need motivation."
- the dandelions are here!! *jumps for joy*
- I made a dress! :D It's a red polka-dot vintage-y dress with a gathered skirt and capped sleeves. It's not quite finished, but when it is I'm planning to do a 1940s photo shoot. If it turns out, I'll hopefully be sharing it with you all soon. :-)
Writers block, challenges, and a word count
- I started writing again! Okay, so I never really stopped, but I was horribly stumped for a disturbing amount of time. There have been times in the last two weeks or so I've been having to force myself to stop writing! (Only to go to bed or do school or whatever, of course. ;) )
- I participated in the Go Teen Writers 300 for 30 challenge!! There were several days I didn't reach the goal, but all in all...
- ...I wrote about 10,090 words this month! :D That's really good for me, but when I think of people who can wrote 50K+ for NaNoWriMo...it sounds pathetic. :P
Music and TV.
Where I ramble about all the awesome stuff I've watched/listened to this month
- I discovered my love for Britt Nicole's music. I mean seriously. Some of her songs are soooo beautiful! They aren't all favorites, but I like most of them. :)
- I listened to alot of great music this month. The songs that ran on repeat are as follows... ;)
King of My Heart by Love & The Outcome, Broken Together by Casting Crowns; Headphones, Still That Girl, All This Time, Gold, Look Like Love, Who You Say You Are, and Seeing for the First Time by Britt Nicole; Same Power by Jeremy Camp; Times, Healing Begins, Forgive Me, Hold My Heart, and For Those Who Can't Speak by Tenth Avenue North. ;)
- I found two new favorite movies!! Return to the Hiding Place and 23 Blast. Hopefully I can write a decent review of each and post those soon. ;) (Warning. There will be oodles of fan-girling. XD)
*saunters away singing Travis and Jerry's elevator song*
When I force y'all to read/skim (it's totally up to you...) lists of books.
- I got oodles of new books this month!! ('Oodles' is kinda like 'lots', in case you were wondering.) Most of these books were thanks to Thriftbooks. Ya know, that super-awesome site that really should have a limit to how many books you can get a month. B-) It's so ironic. The girl who currently doesn't have a bookshelf is buying books... O_o What's up with that?
But. Ironic or not, it's happened.
First off, the books I've gotten from bookstores this month. :) (Yes, this is underneath the coffee table. I'm my Mom's favorite daughter. B-) )
Barnes & Noble ~ Aircraft of World War II by Chris Chant, The Butterfly and the Violin by Kristy Cambron, The Story of D-Day by Richard Holmes, America at War by Stewart Binns and Adrian Wood
Christian bookstore ~ They Called Her Mrs. Doc and Tomorrow's Dream by Jannette Oke and The Swiss Courier by Tricia Goyer
Won through a giveaway ~ When Sparrows Fall by Diana Blackstone
Gift from a lady at church :) ~ War: A Photo History by Duncan Anderson
From Thriftbooks ~ The Resistance, Prisonsers of War, and The Air War over Europe by Ronald Bailey; The Good Fight by Stephen Ambrose; Rosie the Riveter by Penny Coleman; Remembering You by Tricia Goyer; The Wings of Morning, The Face of Heaven, and Whisper of a New Dawn by Murray Pura; Love Finds You in Victory Heights by Tricia Goyer; Interrupted and Chasing Jupiter by Rachel Coker; The Journal of Scott Pendleton Collins by Walter Dean Myers; Early Sunday Morning by Barry Denenberg; The Fences Between Us by Kirby Larson; Captive Dreams by Cara Putman.
- I've read/finished 14 books this month. :) Less than January, but the same as February. ;)
Emotion Amplifiers by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi
Princess Book Set (1-4) by Emma Right
The Good Fight: How World War II was Won by Stephen Ambrose
Across the Wide and Lonesome Prairie by Kristiana Gregory
What I Want by L. N. Cronk
Rosie the Riveter by Penny Coleman
The Fences Between Us by Kirby Larson
A Gown of Spanish Lace by Janette Oke
Pass Me Not by Faith BlumSummer Promise by Robin Jones Gunn
Third Time's the Charm by Liz Isaacson
The Path to a Modest Lifestyle by Amanda Leite
The Battle Plan of Prayer by Stephen & Alex Kendrick
And today I'll finish They Called Her Mrs. Doc by Janette Oke, a book I'm reading with a friend. :)
(discussing names for characters)
Me: "Name him blueberry...email."
Tucker: "It sounds electronic, and it makes you hungry. It's like fruity and...wireless."
Some of my plans for April include beta-reading, watching God's Not Dead 2, reading lots of books, and finishing a certain story. ;)
So tell me, dearest readers. Have you saw the movies? Heard the music? Read the books? I'd love to hear!