Good morning everyone! :) The day has arrived. The Writing Contest (I just feel like capitalizing it.) begins today!!! *skips through the house* Yippee!! This is going to be such fun. :D
Contest Dates: April 15 – May 16
Winners Announced: May 30
Maximum Word Count: 7,000 words
To enter the contest, submit your story to: writersunite2016(at)gmail(dot)com
1st Place // Critque and The Choosing by R. Dekker
2nd Place // Critque and Space Kitties
3rd Place // Critque and songs: 1) What Are You Going to Do Now You Are Not Saving the World? (From Superman: Man of Steel)
2) Superman - Man of Steel
3) Legend - The Celtic Collection
For everyone (that's right, not just the winners get prizes :)) we're including the links for two free ebooks. :)
Be sure to check out everyone else's blogs (links with the bios) for other amazing prompts. :)
*NOTE: Please, no inappropriate scenes or language. Preferably no magic, though powers are okay.
Now, let me introduce you to the Writer's Unite members (also the judges of the contest XD)...
1) Introduce yourself: name you want them to see (does not have to be your real name
2) What is your favorite genre of book to read?
3) What is your favorite genre to write about?
4) When not reading/writing what are some things you enjoy doing
5) What is you favorite kind of music to listen to?
and this last one is totally optional because I have no idea who likes Marvel/DC movies
6) Whose side are you on for Captain America? Civil War team Cap or team Iron man? whose side are you on for Batman vs. Superman? Superman or Batman?
1) I’m SMB
2) I loved to read Biblical and historical fiction, as well as fantasy
3) Everything! I have a ton of different stuff I am working on right now, or have plans for: fantasy, futuristic, historical fiction, and a few other things as well. :)
4) When I’m not reading and writing I’m usually either dreaming up stories, traveling and doing outdoor adventures, or on Pinterest. :)
5) I like to listen to a lot of different music. I have a playlist for when I’m writing, but for everyday life I like to listen to stuff like Jamie Grace, Moriah Peters, For King and Country, and similar artists/songs.
6) Up to this point I’ve been team Captain America for the Civil War.
2) Oh that's a tough one...I love many genres, but two of my top favourites are Christian fantasy and Biblical fiction.
3) Christian fantasy with no magic, and a sort of 'medieval' ish feel to it.
4) Well...I'm almost always reading or writing, but I also love throwing my tomahawk/knives at my log target, and just being with my family.
5)I don't have a specific favourite kind of music really...is TobyMac a genre? XD I like upbeat, exciting Christian music.
6) None? I'm not into Marvel stuff.
1. Hi, my name is Jesseca Dawn. :)
2. My favorite genre to read would have to be historical fiction. It's awesome. ;)
3. And, my favorite genre to write would be historical fiction as well! I love all the research that goes into it.
4. My favorite kind of music is movie soundtracks! They're the best! ;) Hymns tie with the soundtracks for a favorite, and contemporary.
2) Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Superhero (whatever that genera is called)
4) Cosplay, Marital Art, and Parkour
5) Almost anything
6) Well team Spidey for Captain America Civil War, and Superman for Batman Vs. Superman
1) My name is Sierra, though I also go by Sparrow a lot online
2) It depends on my mood, I read a lot of different genres. If I had to pick one, I'd probably say fantasy.
3) Again, I write all different genres. Probably fantasy is my "favorite".
4) I like drawing and... uh... wow I sound like a boring person. I don't do all that much besides read and write and draw. I love photography though.
5) Also depends on my mood... *hides* I'm not a consistent person. I just have a bunch of spotify playlists with groups of artists and bands together. Right now I'm listening to the TobyMac and Capital Kings one, but last week it was BarlowGirl, ZOEgirl, Addison Road, and Superchic(K)
6) Team Cap!
1) My name is R. J. Steele
2) My favorite genre is probably fantasy, but dystopian follows closely.
3) I write fantasy with some futuristic.
4) I like to hang out with my friends and cousins in my free time.
5) ...Um, I listen to a lot of different kinds of music....not just one
6) I am Team Cap for the Captain America Civil War.
1) Hey, I'm Faith P.!
2) My favorite genre of books to read is historical fiction. :)
3) My favorite genre to write is historical fiction as well. :)
4) I enjoy pottery, camping, kayaking, and hanging out with my dog. ;)
5) Contemporary Christian :)
6) I'm not familiar with any of those, sorry!
I can't wait to see any and all entries for this amazing contest! Sacrifice – what a great them, huh? Well, what are you waiting for? Go get writing! :)
--My prompt and the judge representation pictures are from Pinterest.--