Thursday, December 21, 2017

12 Days of Christmas // Christmas at the P. House

Four days until Christmas, y'all... O.O This symbolizes three things. 1) Faith is running out of creative post intros, 2) Faith is running out of creative not-too-complicated posts, and 3) things are a little wack-o around here. Which leads me to the subject of this post...


Christmas at the Potts house is a little crazy. Actually, let me rephrase. Life at the Potts house is a little crazy. Let me get you a little for-instance. 

Yesterday afternoon, we were getting ready to leave, planning to do some shopping and then meet with friends for supper before church. (And when you live an hour from your church and a decent sized town, you leave early for everything soooo...) As I was in my room getting ready, the dogs started barking and I looked out my window and saw FedEx. 

Now let me backtrack and explain that, for the past week or so, it's kinda become a big deal to get to the UPS/FedEx/USPS truck/carrier before anyone else does. Got to get your packages away from prying eyes, ya know. 

So, I had said yesterday morning that anything coming FedEx, would be addressed to me...and not to handle it. xD 

When FedEx appeared, I just so happened to be having a minor sock calamity. It's called Faith-could-only-find-one-blue-sock-and-Faith-likes-the-blue-ones-best. So as the dogs are barking and probably threatening to eat Mr. FedEx, the bro shouts from the living room "I'll get it!" 

Thanks to the amazingness of shipment tracking, I happened to know that there was at least one (but hopefully three) boxes addressed to me. So I gave up on the sock chase, took off the one blue sock I had found, and raced out of the house. 

I found the bro at the back of the truck with Mr. FedEx (who, for the record, looked strangely like he thought he might get dog-bit or something...how odd). The bro sat a smaller-ish box on the rock wall, motioned to me, and then got a much larger box with a package on top out of the back of the van. 

Faith made a face and sprinted barefoot across wet pavement, thanked Mr. FedEx (who still looked a bit scared, although the dogs had quit snarling... Just kidding), and followed the bro back inside. We slipped past a suspicious-looking-Mom, hid the boxes in my room, and hurried off to finish getting ready...and legit minutes later, USPS showed up! 

This time it was a small package for a friend, so I just called off the dogs, got the box, and stuck it under the tree. xD 

So yes. All that to say, there's lots of secrets around the Potts' house right now. Here's another for-instance – no one but me is allowed in my closet (but everyone has something hid in there...for someone else...meaning I know allllll the secrets...well, except for the ones about me, of course.)

And here's a random picture that ACTUALLY, SURPRISINGLY has my whole family in it. I mean, sure, we look kinda doped. And Dad is staring off into space. And the bro looks scared. But it's an IMPROVEMENT. xD 



~*~ 


Twin Thoughts // A Humorous Christmas
Creative Scribbles of a History Detective // Believe
RebekahAshleigh // Christmas Movie Recommendations
9 Kids Plus 2 // Christmas Collaboration
Living for the Other Side // A Southern Christmas
Counting Your Blessings One by One // Christmas Collaboration
Living in Faith and Fun // Mary: A Vessel Chosen & Operation Christmas Card
Chosen Vessels // Book Review


What's Christmas like at your house? Lots of secrets? ;) Don't forget to enter the giveaway!
~Faith

22 comments:

  1. *laughs* I loved this post, Faith! It was very fun to read. It definitely does sound like lots of secrets are happening at your house. It’s sort of similar here, lots of secrets and packages arriving! ;)
    I loved seeing the picture of your family! :)
    I cannot believe how soon Christmas is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smiles* Thanks, Rebekah! :D Hehe, it's so much fun! ;)
      Thanks!
      Ahh, me neither!!

      Delete
  2. Haha sounds like our house :) so many secrets this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The secrets are one of my favorite things about Christmas! ;)

      Delete
  3. The photo of your family is awesome XD I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is hilarious! I know what you mean by packages, though. And my closet is the hide all spot, too. Our dog hates deliveries. XD

    So many secrets around this time. And I think we all have a favorite pair of socks. Mine are peach. XD

    This post is awesome! Sorry I haven't been keeping up with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ivie! xD Haha, that's awesome.

      I loooveee all the secrets. xD Oh, fun!!

      No worries! It's a busy time of year. ;)

      Delete
  5. Haha this post is hilarious! I literally had so much fun reading it, I forgot about my bread in the toaster and nearly burned it xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun post! And I love the family picture! You're so beautiful!

    Secrets are a big part of Christmas in my household as well . . . and I totally relate to living so far away from church!! I can't believe Christmas is almost here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, girl! <3

      Hehe, it's so fun! *winks* It works... :D EEPPS, same!!

      Delete
  7. That's so fun, lol. Love the photo. Your bro is really tall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol sounds so good! It's so the same here! Except we're sneaking our presents from the store into the car, and then from the car into the house before anyone can grab the bag XD

    That was a good picture of you guys XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! xD Oh, yup, we've did that too! It's so fun. ;D

      Thanks. xD

      Delete
  9. Oh goodness. *about died laughing* I love all the stories, and the pic of y'all is great! <3

    Christmas at our house? Crazy. And crowded. But good. Very good. And yes. Lots of secrets I get to discover. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grins* Thank ya, dear!

      Haha, I can imagine! *shakes head* Snoopy Jess...

      Delete
  10. Aww, beautiful photo of you guys! Merry Christmas to you and your family! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Raechel! <3 A belated merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete