Monday, August 20, 2018

Mid-Year Book Freak Out // tag


Happy Thursday, readers and friends!

After watching Lindsey's and Rebekah's book tube videos of this tag, I decided to do my own rendition. I'm not doing a video and dragging y'all into the misery of watching me mumble and be camera-shy for ten minutes (you're welcome), but I thought the tag still looked too fun not to join. ;)

And yes, it's past the mid-way point of the year, but we're gonna go with it. Just...let me live in denial a bit longer...please...


Best Book you've read so far in 2018

That's a hard one...but I would have to go with Angels Walking by Karen Kingsbury. I literally have no words for this book. If you haven't read it, I seriously don't know why.



Best sequel you've read so far in 2018

A toss-up between Chasing Sunsets by Karen Kingsbury and The Rebellion by Livy Jarmusch? ;) Both were amazing and nicely continued the stories from the first books!



New Release You Haven't read yet but want to

The Road Home by Beverly Lewis and Falling for You by Becky Wade both qualify. I'm hoping to read them both super soon.



Most anticipated release for the second half of the year

A Question of Loyalty by Jesseca Wheaton releases in a few months! It needs to join the first two books in the series on my shelves... ^-^



Biggest disappointment

Love Finds a Way by Wanda Brunstetter was definitely disappointing. I've really enjoyed Mrs. Brunstetter's books in the past, but the three stories in this collection were...rather boring.



Biggest Surprise

I'm pretty sure I'm still recovering from When Sparrows Fall by Diane Blackstone... I wasn't really sure what to expect from this book, other than I figured it would be kind of dark. It was, but ohmygoodness, it was amazing. <3



Favorite new author (debut or new to you)

I'm not sure I've acquired a new favorite author yet this year... Karen Kingsbury could definitely become a favorite, though, if all her books are as good as the four I've read so far. :D



Newest fictional crush

I don't have one?? (Congratulate me, guys. I've stopped fangirling over guys that don't exist.) Noah from The River Between Us could be, though...if we got more of his story.



Newest favorite character

Natalie (Nattie) Livingston from Child of Mine by Beverly Lewis! She is so precious and I basically want to adopt (ha, pun) her!



Book that made you cry

Not only did this book make me cry, The Pursued by Willowy Whisper ripped my heart out and kept me up all hours of the night. And it's like 400+ pages and I read it in under 24 hours, so #record.



Book that made you happy

Just Dance by Patricia MacLachlan was so sweet and darling and full of happy feels! <3



Most beautiful book you've bought/received this year

This was hard...because I ooh and ahh over book covers, like, daily. But I'm going to go with A Midnight Clear by Pattie Berg. It.is.gorgeous.y'all.



Books you need to read by the end of the year

This lovely stack and hopefully some others, as well as oodles of Christmas books. :D



Favorite book community member

Um, wait, what?! I can't pick something like that! Each and every one of you in this book/writing/blogging community are so special and unique. How could I ever pick a favorite?! <33



Have you done this tag? Saw it around? What's the best book YOU have read so far this year? 

~Faith

10 comments:

  1. Such a great tag!!! *scurries off to look up angels walking series* I love that feather cover! *inserts heart eyed emoji*
    Great pictures for this post! And yes, let's pretend it's only the middle of the year... we can live in denial together! *winks* *and wonders why I've used so many asterisks in this comment* :D
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, those books are AMAZE. *heart eyes*
      Thank you! Haha, we totally can... :D *loves asterisks too*

      Delete
  2. Yay! I’m so glad you did the tag, Faith. It was lots of fun seeing your answers. :D
    *sigh* “The Road Home”. You already know that I enjoyed that one. ;)
    I’m looking forward to reading “A Question of Loyalty” when it comes out.
    Yeah, “Love Finds a Way” really was a bit of a disappointment. I’m hoping to read “The Bridge” this Christmas season! Is it pretty Christmasy or not really?
    Yes, Nattie is such an adorable kid! Definitely a favorite for me too. =)
    “Just Dance” sounds like a fun book. I’m going to need to read it sometime.
    Oh my goodness! “A Midnight Clear” has a really pretty cover!!
    I love that last picture with all your books and your coffee cup! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lots of fun for me too!! :D
      *wink* I'm hoping to read it next month.
      That one is amazing!
      It was... :( Ahh, The Bridge is soooo good! <3 Hmmm, it is Christmasy, but the focus isn't Christmas...if that makes sense. ;)
      She's so precious! Just Dance was darling too!
      Ahhh, isn't it gorgeous?! :D
      *smiles* Thanks, girl! <3

      Delete
    2. Tags are always so fun! Especially book ones. I have a book tag that I’m in the process of making… ;)
      Yay! :D
      Oh okay. Yeah that makes sense. I’ll probably read it sometime in November!
      So pretty! Some of those Guideposts books have really pretty covers. =)
      *hugs*

      Delete
    3. Ooo, yay! I can't wait to hear more... ;)
      I hope you enjoy it, and I'd love to hear your thoughts! :D
      <33

      Delete
  3. Ahh, Faith! This is so fun! Thank you so much for mentioning my video and sharing your answers! I love seeing them! Child of Mine really was a sweet book! <3
    Hugs, Faith!
    ~Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you think so! ^_^ I adored your video! <3 And my goodness, yes, that book was darling.

      Thanks for stopping by, Lindsey dear!

      Delete
  4. Best Book You've Read So Far In 2018
    “Emma” by Jane Austen, hands-down!!!

    Best Sequel You've Read So Far In 2018
    “Ben Pepper” by Margaret Sidney is because the first that comes to mind.

    New Release You Haven't Read Yet But Want To
    Quite a few lol! Among those I haven't bought yet, “Kiera” by Kate Willis; among those I have purchased, “His Mighty Acts” & “Honor All Men” by Rebekah A. Morris.

    Most Anticipated Release For The Second Half Of The Year
    “A Question of Loyalty” by Jesseca Wheaton (MICAH + ERICH, PEOPLE!!!) and “Protecting the Poor” by Amanda Tero (if it comes out this year).

    Biggest Disappointment
    “Ways of Nature” by John Burroughs. Most of the time I love Burroughs, but this book received a 1-star rating, it was so dull.

    Favorite New Author (Debut Or New To You)
    Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick.

    Newest Fictional Crush
    Archie Campbell from Louisa May Alcott's “Eight Cousins.”

    Newest Favorite Character
    *groans* Mr. Knightley from “Emma.”

    Book That Made You Cry
    “Unbroken” by Rebekah A. Morris. <3 Can't wait for the rest of the series!!!

    Book That Made You Happy
    “Choices for Max” by Rebekah A. Morris. It's just so sweet and summery. :)

    Most Beautiful Book You've Bought/received This Year
    “London in the Dark” by Victoria Lynn. It is so gorgeous!!!!

    Books You Need To Read By The End Of The Year
    I'm not making any deadlines. I've passed my goal of 200 books read or reread this year, so I really haven't any. Right now I'm reading through my Kindle Z-A, going chronologically through my Henty books.

    Favorite Book Community Member
    We'll go with an awesome blogger who often does taggggs... She blogs at Chosen Vessels & Stories by Firefly. Have you ever seen her around! Check her out if you haven't! ;) :P

    ~Katja L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "His Might Acts", "Honor All Men", and "A Question of Loyalty" are all amazing. <3 I'm really looking forward to "Protecting the Poor" and "Kiera"!!

      Thanks for sharing your answers to the tag questions, Katja! I enjoyed reading your comment. :D

      Delete